🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 54 Preview - gigi-tastic's 1st pick

I also wanted to post that @Cameron H. will be in and out for a while.  His father passed away yesterday.  Many condolences Cameron!

lGzxSAA.gif

• Like 1

Ah sorry to hear that Cameron.  Hopefully some terrible Christmas movies will help you through the grief.  :)

Also Gigi don't forget

AmusedOrangeHusky-small.gif

• Like 2

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear that, Cameron. Feel free to pop in and our of the forums if you need some dose of musical talk and dumb .gifs for some laughs. Or, you know, if we can do anything else. You have my deepest condolences.

• Like 1

If @gigi-tastic hasn't responded by later today we'll swap.  Unfortunately Cameron H. is next up so he needs to swap as well.  I think that makes @taylorannephoto next up.  Taylor, can you make a pick if needed?

Oh my god I'm so sorry everyone!!! I had so much to do yesterday that I forgot it was this week. Ok so I was going to pick my favorite Disney movie Mary Poppins to celebrate the new one coming out but it's really expensive on Amazon and I couldn't find it free anywhere and would feel guilty about making people pay. So instead we're going to do another Disney musical ...

p19677_v_v8_ab.jpg

Which is fully free on YouTube

The costume choices alone in this movie... the kings suit alone!  We are going to talk bout that SUIT!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

If @gigi-tastic hasn't responded by later today we'll swap.  Unfortunately Cameron H. is next up so he needs to swap as well.  I think that makes @taylorannephoto next up.  Taylor, can you make a pick if needed?

Again I'm so sorry for being so late! I forgot it was this week. I forgot my birthday is next week too so... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

Again I'm so sorry for being so late! I forgot it was this week. I forgot my birthday is next week too so... 

No worries!  You made it in (and hopefully remembered your birthday) so...

hakuna-matata-gif-1.gif

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

Oh my god I'm so sorry everyone!!! I had so much to do yesterday that I forgot it was this week. Ok so I was going to pick my favorite Disney movie Mary Poppins to celebrate the new one coming out but it's really expensive on Amazon and I couldn't find it free anywhere and would feel guilty about making people pay. So instead we're going to do another Disney musical ...

p19677_v_v8_ab.jpg

The costume choices alone in this movie... the kings suit alone!  We are going to talk bout that SUIT!

I'm not so sure.  If that's who I think it is he built the Titanic.  Not a good history there...

Victor_Garber_003.jpg

• Like 1

Cool!  I've been slow-rolling through Disney animated films, and my next up is Cinderella, so this is good timing.  I enjoy seeing different versions of the same story

13 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Cool!  I've been slow-rolling through Disney animated films, and my next up is Cinderella, so this is good timing.  I enjoy seeing different versions of the same story

You are in for a treat if you're doing the direct to video sequels because apparently the third Cinderella is next level bonkers.

4 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

You are in for a treat if you're doing the direct to video sequels because apparently the third Cinderella is next level bonkers.

I wasn't planning to go that deep, but I did at one point watch a bunch of Alice In Wonderlands so I may if they're easy to find

10 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

p19677_v_v8_ab.jpg

I was entirely considering the Leslie Ann Warren (1965) version of it for my pick!  I watched that one sooooooo many times as a kid. I remember this came out when I was in high school. I think I saw it at the time, and I'm looking forward to revisiting it! 

p.s. the 1965 version is on Amazon Prime

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I was entirely considering the Leslie Ann Warren (1965) version of it for my pick!  I watched that one sooooooo many times as a kid. I remember this came out when I was in high school. I think I saw it at the time, and I'm looking forward to revisiting it! 

p.s. the 1965 version is on Amazon Prime

I remember talking about it during A Night In Heaven or during one of the mini episodes before or after it. I think maybe that's subconsciously why I was thinking about this one?

• Like 1

@Cameron H. I am so so sorry for your loss, my friend. You know my message box is always open if you need someone else in the dead dad club to be a sounding board for any kind of grief! Much love to your family!

@gigi-tastic We are on the same wavelength here and this movie is iconic and I almost watched it on my own literally a couple of weeks ago before I realized it was like 2 am and I had work in the morning lol.

• Like 3

Just now, Cinco DeNio said:

For the Mary Poppins (and KBell) fans...

The rebuttal...