🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 203.5 - Minisode 203.5

Can you commit a crime at Christmas and not be charged? The answer to this and more on this week’s mini-sode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Perfect Stranger, shares his Pick of the Week, and reveals which holiday movie will be covered next week!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our new website over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

Jason is still not on Twitter

you wait 3 years for a christmas episode and ye pick a movie that's impossible to find over here ... i mean cmon ...  Santa With Muscles is on youtube!!!

good one paul ... you ruined chritmas!!!!

btw ... do not search for this on ebay if you're at work ... there's some NSFW stuff comes up ... people seem to get very kinky around the holidays ...  and sure why not ..it's christmas!!!!!!

have a good one everybody!!!! ... except whoever picked this movie ... you should be made listen to the star wars holiday special full blast on headphones for the whole of the 25th

anyone have a link to it somewhere?

Edit .. I'm able to play it for free on freeform using a VPN .. Christmas is saved!!! So I'm guessing you guys in the states will have no issue with it .. saves paying a tenner to apple

• Like 3

We were talking about this in one of the thrrads! I cannot WAIT to talk about Melissa Joan Harts HAIR! That wig! She looks like a poodle and we all know June's thoughts about poodles

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

We were talking about this in one of the thrrads! I cannot WAIT to talk about Melissa Joan Harts HAIR! That wig! She looks like a poodle and we all know June's thoughts about poodles

The HDTGM Gods are watching us 👀

• Like 3

As great as the Melissa Joan Hart/Mario Lopez combo is, I’d like to take this time to remind everyone of MY favorite abc family Christmas movie “12 Dates of Christmas”.  I’m having my annual viewing of it this weekend, and I know many of you enjoyed it last year. Maybe make it a double feature on the Freeform app

C22C6B06-04B7-490C-AD61-EA835E91CAF4.jpeg

• Like 2

I am thrilled to watch this movie again! A movie which I described on Letterboxd as: “...the film equivalent of a Taco Bell Cheesy Gordita Crunch. It's all kinds of gross and definitely terrible for you, but every once in awhile, you've just got to indulge.”

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SaraK said:

As great as the Melissa Joan Hart/Mario Lopez combo is, I’d like to take this time to remind everyone of MY favorite abc family Christmas movie “12 Dates of Christmas”.  I’m having my annual viewing of it this weekend, and I know many of you enjoyed it last year. Maybe make it a double feature on the Freeform app

C22C6B06-04B7-490C-AD61-EA835E91CAF4.jpeg

Is this a Zack Morris v AC Slater Holiday Rom-Com Death Match? 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

Is this a Zack Morris v AC Slater Holiday Rom-Com Death Match? 

Absolutely 

• Like 3

On 12/14/2018 at 7:39 AM, gigi-tastic said:

I screamed because I am hoping for some serious Wig Talk. 

Also you are all FIRED for not telling me Zouks is in the New Year's episode of Nailed It. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Also you are all FIRED for not telling me Zouks is in the New Year's episode of Nailed It. 

I am so hoping this means there has been or will be some Zouks-Byer romancing. 😍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Double fired because I didn't even know Nailed It! had new episodes.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I just saw it today and he’s a delight! As to be expected I suppose, but he’s so gentle with the bakers. They do a good job with kind but funny guest judges 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Right?! I had to find out on Tumblr! How dare you guys keep Nicole and Zukes  sweet sweet chemistry to yourselves!

• Like 1

As someone who isn't much of a baker, are the times they get to make these cakes realistic? Could a professional baker who never saw these particular cakes make one of them in the time given? Because 90 minutes to recreate the massive designs seems impossible.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

As someone who isn't much of a baker, are the times they get to make these cakes realistic? Could a professional baker who never saw these particular cakes make one of them in the time given? Because 90 minutes to recreate the massive designs seems impossible.

They mentioned in one episode that they use convection ovens, which cuts down in actually baking time. And if they use the chiller to cool cakes, it might work if everything went perfectly. I  think they probably give the same amount of time the professional in the test kitchen uses but that’s a handicap in itself. I mean in Great British bakeoff they usually get HOURS to complete their showstoppers. But maybe they realize more time is just prolonging the inevitable lol might as well give equal time for people that are just going to fail anyway. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SaraK said:

They mentioned in one episode that they use convection ovens, which cuts down in actually baking time. And if they use the chiller to cool cakes, it might work if everything went perfectly. I  think they probably give the same amount of time the professional in the test kitchen uses but that’s a handicap in itself. I mean in Great British bakeoff they usually get HOURS to complete their showstoppers. But maybe they realize more time is just prolonging the inevitable lol might as well give equal time for people that are just going to fail anyway. 

On one hand, that seems a bit unfair that these people are getting less time. On the other hand, they consistently mess up baking the cake itself and if you can't get that right, how much hope do you realistically have?

I apologize for letting you all down because I definitely binged the entire Nailed It Holiday episodes on day one. Jason's episode was so funny I was crying (as hard as Rob was) and watched it again with a friend later lol.

Jason, now you HAVE to do Nicole's podcast. The people need to know why you won't date her.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taylorannephoto said:

I apologize for letting you all down because I definitely binged the entire Nailed It Holiday episodes on day one. Jason's episode was so funny I was crying (as hard as Rob was) and watched it again with a friend later lol.

Jason, now you HAVE to do Nicole's podcast. The people need to know why you won't date her.

After that steamy kiss with Sal, I'm shipping Nicole and Sal for life. 

• Like 2

I think I just came up with either a very stupid or utterly brilliant idea for a new show. Not sure about much but I know it's called 'Baby Cakes' ( or Patty Cakes if we can get a co-host named Patty/ Patti) and it involves Jason holding a baby and eating/ rating  cake with Nicole. Perhaps one of the the co-hosts is a baby named Patty? Maybe we get  Patti Labelle to sell her pies?  I don't know I just want Nicole and Jason to interact with a baby while blitzed out of their minds on sugar.

• Like 1

Re: baking time on “Nailed it” I think they would have to be very efficient and professional to do the cakes in that time. I think thI show is , obviously, not mean for them to complete it but the time constraint also makes them work faster than they should. 

Re: Holiday in Handcuffs. Is anyone else having a lot of trouble getting through this movie? I don’t know if it’s second hand anxiety or just lack of caring. But like MJH’s life at th beginning didn’t seem that bad. She had a job and an apartment. Yeah she wanted that interview to work out (but interviews are not job offers) and wanted the douchey guy to spend Christmas with her family but it wasn’t like either of her siblings had dates? So I am not sure why she felt she had to? 

And like, if your hair is too curly just get it wet. Has she not seen “Legally Blonde” and/or ever curled her hair before?

Haven’t finished yet... still. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Re: baking time on “Nailed it” I think they would have to be very efficient and professional to do the cakes in that time. I think thI show is , obviously, not mean for them to complete it but the time constraint also makes them work faster than they should. 

Re: Holiday in Handcuffs. Is anyone else having a lot of trouble getting through this movie? I don’t know if it’s second hand anxiety or just lack of caring. But like MJH’s life at th beginning didn’t seem that bad. She had a job and an apartment. Yeah she wanted that interview to work out (but interviews are not job offers) and wanted the douchey guy to spend Christmas with her family but it wasn’t like either of her siblings had dates? So I am not sure why she felt she had to? 

And like, if your hair is too curly just get it wet. Has she not seen “Legally Blonde” and/or ever curled her hair before?

Haven’t finished yet... still. 

Holiday In Handcuffs is down there for my least favorite movie HDTGM has done. I was legit angry within the first few minutes. I would watch Bratz again over this. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Holiday In Handcuffs is down there for my least favorite movie HDTGM has done. I was legit angry within the first few minutes. I would watch Bratz again over this. 

You just haven’t developed an immunity to these movies yet. I prescribe one Holiday Romance a day until Christmas. You’ll be as right as rain in no time :) 

• Like 1