🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JohnHollisShay

Revolver or Jumper

You must watch and discuss Revolver.

If you are a Jason Statham fan, this is a required viewing. It has all the signature tics and tricks you'd expect of a Guy Ritchie movie but with weird, plodding, impenetrable, existential, cod-kabbalah claptrap. I heard someone suggest the whole film is arranged like a game of chess but that doesn't seem like the movie I saw. I need someone to tell me what the hell it is all about!

Jumper or Push or Wanted... they are so similar in tone or idea or look i get them confused... maybe they are a secret trilogy!

I really enjoy Revolver. I liked it when I first saw it a couple of years ago, and I liked it again when I watched it last night.

I had such high hopes for Revolver after seeing the trailer and who was in it. Then I watched it and found out it was made so Richie could profess his love for Kabbalah and psyche mumbo jumbo, it sucked the life out of me.

I never saw Jumper because it had Hayden Christensen in it. Revolver on the other hand wasn't that bad. Jason Statham + Ray Liotta = good night of movies. as far as my book goes.

Jumper or Push or Wanted... they are so similar in tone or idea or look i get them confused... maybe they are a secret trilogy!

I know Jumper and Wanted are not Best Picture nominees but both are entertaining when on TV and I am on a treadmill.

On the other hand Push had a great concept that was boring to watch and like They Live deserves a remake so we can see in a good form.

I do not understand Revolver and would love for this crew to excplain that film. :]

So to me, Revolver is simultaneously about the long con and is a long con and it's also about how the brain tricks you into not seeing what's right in front of your face. It's a total mindfuck.

Jumper is another film with Hayden Christensen where the actor who plays young him has better chemistry with his love interest character than adult him does.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this