🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 141 — Ladies Night

Hey, who recorded the version of "One Night in Bangkok" played in the episode?

Mike Tyson? I guess?

Loved the podcast like always.

Mike Tyson? I guess?

Loved the podcast like always.

You are correct. Mike Tyson performs it at the end of The Hangover Part II.

Brainstorm: Jukebox Jury Double Jeopardy

Jukebox Jury songs posted somewhere on the Earwolf, and we, the many, may listen and collectively choose to have Scott re-open the case for discussion. The level of (deserved) attention paid to Bong Song was a fun change of pace for this segment.

I love when Tig Notaro is on, she and Scott Aukerman are hilarious together. The other two guests are really grating and I am not finding them funny at all. Maybe they're just not for me. But its really frustrating when two people are being funny and two louder people are running right over their jokes with a lot of uninspired yelling.

• Like 1

I keep hanging out at the movies waiting for Scott Aukerman to see me. Am I not at the right theater?

• Like 1

Welcome to "People Talking Over Each Other Radio!"

I love the podcast truly, but man, podcast ediquette was not enforced in this ep.

That's a Ronna and Beverly thing. Like the Sklars. I think it works.

Yeah, I could have done with twice as much Tig and half as much Shouty Ladies Shouting.

The "we talk a lot and talk over people and never stop talking" schtick works well at 200% (Huell Howser springs to mind) or at 20% (Bob Ducca), but just being garden-variety annoying results in... just being annoying.

As with all comedy, YMMV -- I can see that other folks, like Chase Roper, dig their style a bit more.

On the other hand, they, and Bro, are the only CBB characters I actively don't like, which speaks pretty damn well for the show overall.

• Like 1

Hey Pants, You make great points. I think what they do "works." Its not one of my favorites, but the guy above me to know it was intentional, not poor podcasting etiquette.

Long live Howser!

But some of the funniest stuff came out of Tig and Scott's responses to Ronna and Beverley, even if you don't enjoy their style of humor, they enabled Tig to come out with some hilarious bits.

• Like 4

NaylorBen is right on. Queue up the Casey Wilson episode in which she played Scott's stalker for a perfect example of how well Tig does when she's playing off another character's struggle for attention.

The greatest moment of my life was when I shouted "Good One" to the Notarious T.I.G. on stage in salt lake city.

The greatest moment of my life was when I shouted "Good One" to the Notarious T.I.G. on stage in salt lake city.

It's no-ta-ro.

I thought Beverly and Ronna were fun but I thought Tig and Scottabot were magnificent.

E.g. at (33:27)

Tig: She said I'm like a robot.

Scott: I heard that. We're in the same room.

Scott: To answer your question, is it a good marriage? I think we have a fantastic marriage.

Ronna: Do you think she thinks it's a fantastic marriage?

Scott: I'm not so sure, we don't talk.

Tig: Can you stand her?

Scott: I can abide her, yes.

Tig: Do her feet smell?

Scott: She's got dirty knees.

E.g. at (36:35)

When Tig is singing and Scott says hilariously, "Just five more minutes," and Tig sings on and then Scott says, "I'm really going to have to stop you ..." and then I'm thinking, "Aww, you're messing up your Five Minutes joke by not staying committed," and then he continues, "... in five minutes" and totally schools me for doubting him.

• Like 1

Tig is amazeballs as always, Ronna and Bev are two of the greatest characters, fully formed, and fantastic improvisers. But don't take my word for it, check out their podcast. No regrets!

• Like 2

I thought Bong Song was great... calling it a Garfunkel & Oats knock-off just because it's a girl singing a comedic song over an acoustic guitar is a bit much.

So much vag in this episode, but all the ladies were hilarious :D

LTTP:

I can never get enough Tig.

Bong Song suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

I liked Ronna and Beverly much more than I expected.

I just want to remind everyone about the final line of this episode, said by Ronna to Scott:

Maybe when you're on TV.