🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
itsjustme

He's Just Not That Into You (2007)

I caught this on a flight the other day and wow... just wow. It's AWFUL but in a cringey amusing way. 

The most glaring thing about it was definitely all the ridiculous gender roles and stereotypes here, especially when it comes to the female characters who are portrayed to be either batshit insane, desperate or both. It was only made 11 years ago, but we're truly living in a different era. I was shocked to learn a woman co-wrote the script.

Other fun things:

• lack of any central character (there's about 10 that we have to keep track of),
  • prevalence & importance of flip phones, and how much emphasis is put on phone calls in general
  • the internet is referenced in a way that shows the writers clearly dont understand it
  • ridiculous dialogue
  • "man on the street" style 'interviews' with strangers yapping about their thoughts on dating thrown in randomly throughout the movie

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, NundercoverBrother said:

I don't know why but I can't turn away from this movie when I flip through channels on cable!! Scarlet's character is baffling. The couple dynamic between Bradley Cooper & Jennifer Connellly is facinating. I just don't know any people like them since they are both nuts. Drew Barrymore is the cutest, funniest person in the movie & she's got like 6 minutes of screentime total. I really love Justin Long & Ginnifer Goodwin and would have been very satisfied if the movie had just been about them! Oh year....almost forgot Jennifer Aniston & Ben Affleck are also in the movie. Another couple who should have had their own movie.

Sign in to follow this