🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 204 - Holiday in Handcuffs (w/ Jessica St. Clair)

I relistened to this episode today and I love Jason’s description of Paul googling Mario Lopez’s chest hair as like a “a character in a movie who is trying to hack a system.” 

I work in publishing. That is the kind of detail I like! Jason, if you want to write a book, call me.

• Like 4

On 12/23/2018 at 4:52 PM, Cameron H. said:

Here’s the trailer (It’s the kind that basically shows you the whole movie, so watch at your own risk, I guess)

I'm officially counting this one as seen now that I watched that. It was definitely probably just as hard to watch as the full thing.

• Like 1

So apparently Melissa Joan Hart is a giant asshole who told her kids that if someone doesn't believe in Jesus they aren't good people.... So fuck her. A transcript from a podcast she was on called Journeys of Faith with Paula Faris

"We don’t know if these people are good people. We don’t know if they believe in Jesus,” she said. “And he really took the Jesus part to heart.”

After Hart’s son made friends with a Jewish boy, he asked his mother, “If you’re Jewish, how do you get to heaven?”

Hart said she had some “heated” discussions with the Jewish boy’s mother after their children reached sixth grade: “Some problems came out of that,” she said, but did not elaborate.

Hart said that she reflected upon the warning she gave her son, but did not say whether she regretted it or not.

“When the mom called me with a problem in sixth grade I was like well, ‘Do I regret telling my son that we don’t know if people believe in Jesus, so we don’t know their character?'” she told Faris. “‘Is that a wrong thing to say? Did I set my son on the wrong path or was that the right thing to say and I should defend that?”

Yeah Melissa teaching your children to be antisemitic bigots is a fucking problem! Teaching your children that people who don't follow your religious beliefs aren't good people is a problem!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK?! 

Frankly I don't think someone who thinks that only their religious group is good simply because they are members of the same religion, are very good people.  I tend to judge people by their character and actions so what do I know.

• Like 4

I have never seen this film and just listened to the podcast and it is hilarious, but they devote very little time to the movie itself. So my question is, how did she kidnap him and were they literally handcuffed together like the movie poster or is it mostly figurative?

Also I see that Paul was in "Meet Dave" with Eddie Murphy. What movie did Jessica St. Clair do with Eddie Murphy to be in the van with him?

19 minutes ago, CNU2007 said:

I have never seen this film and just listened to the podcast and it is hilarious, but they devote very little time to the movie itself. So my question is, how did she kidnap him and were they literally handcuffed together like the movie poster or is it mostly figurative?

Also I see that Paul was in "Meet Dave" with Eddie Murphy. What movie did Jessica St. Clair do with Eddie Murphy to be in the van with him?

1) IIRC, her boss had an antique gun of some sort and sticks him up with it. On the way to her car, he slips on ice and gets knocked out. She handcuffs him in the car, but they are never literally handcuffed to one another.

2) I’m not sure...Maybe they were working on a non-movie project or she was a writer. Neither Google nor IMDb were helpful. :) 

• Thanks 1