🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 55 Preview - Cameron H.'s 4th pick ***UPDATED THREAD***

41 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

7b9323708eab21857a062e9bc68f8c23.jpg

Sorry everyone ;) 

You know they don't have to be HDTGM caliber movies, right?

I've never even heard of this. So, it seems interesting at least.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

You know they don't have to be HDTGM caliber movies, right?

I've never even heard of this. So, it seems interesting at least.

Lol - Yeah, this is a Cannon film, so you know what you are getting into here. I’ve wanted HDTGM to do this movie forever.

• Like 5

The day has finally come! I'm ready to be rocked.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

The day has finally come! I'm ready to be rocked.

I think we're going to feel rolled after this.

WellwornValidAmericancrow-size_restricte

• Like 3

We're still gonna hold off until we figure out what the next episode will be right? I just wanna make sure so I don't start talking about this piece of art too soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

We're still gonna hold off until we figure out what the next episode will be right? I just wanna make sure so I don't start talking about this piece of art too soon.

That's my understanding.  I am hoping Paul will announce with Friday's episode what the next week will bring.

5 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

“Art?” Why, yes, I think that’s a perfect way to describe it... :) 

And, yeah, I would hold off until we find out what tomorrow brings.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

I watched about 20 minutes of this earlier this year!

And you were like, “Wait. I need to savor this.”

• Like 3

6 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

Someone asked Paul on Twitter whether there would be a new minisode this week and he responded "Nope but about 15 min intro with June, Jason and I that might be one of my favorite things we didn this year." So it sounds like a rebroadcast of an old episode with a new intro?

(I'd link to his response, but Paul is using some tool that automatically deletes all of his old tweets, and it's already been scrubbed from his account.)

8 minutes ago, DanEngler said:

Someone asked Paul on Twitter whether there would be a new minisode this week and he responded "Nope but about 15 min intro with June, Jason and I that might be one of my favorite things we didn this year." So it sounds like a rebroadcast of an old episode with a new intro?

(I'd link to his response, but Paul is using some tool that automatically deletes all of his old tweets, and it's already been scrubbed from his account.)

Oh yeah I knew this Friday would be a rebroadcast, but I'm not sure if they are going to jump into a mini-sode on the 11th or a full blown episode. I can only assume a mini since they went straight from a full episode to two rebroadcasts.

1 minute ago, taylorannephoto said:

Oh yeah I knew this Friday would be a rebroadcast, but I'm not sure if they are going to jump into a mini-sode on the 11th or a full blown episode

Hmm this isn't super helpful for our purposes.  We could theoretically be waiting until the 18th for the next mini-EP?  And thus also to discuss Rockula?

Or should we just do Rockula this week, since this is just a rebroadcast?  

Just now, AlmostAGhost said:

Hmm this isn't super helpful for our purposes.  We could theoretically be waiting until the 18th for the next mini-EP?  And thus also to discuss Rockula?

Or should we just do Rockula this week, since this is just a rebroadcast?  

That could work! Cameron should be our deciding factor on whether we should do that, cause I truly would bet money on the fact that the 11th will be a mini-sode.

I don’t know how helpful I’ll be. It might be nice to do it next week, but then Tom will have to postpone to get us back on track.

Maybe we should do mine next week and Tom could announce her pick at the same time. We’d be doing two MM’s back 2 back, but it would get us back on track. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Ah shit you're right Cameron. I miscounted again and could've sworn if we started this Monday we would be back on track.

We can blame this all on me since I forgot days were a thing during the Christmas break lol.

• Like 3

So we're all gonna want to watch Jack Frost again?  Or just go with Rockula?  Haha

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

And you were like, “Wait. I need to savor this.”

Absolutely!  I watched it all in one go last night and enjoyed it.  I bought the Blu-Ray (arriving Sunday) so I could listen to the commentaries and interviews.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, what is the order of picks right now? The only reason I ask is I check every week, afraid I'm going to have to make a pick on the fly :D 

On 1/3/2019 at 6:33 PM, Cameron H. said:

I don’t know how helpful I’ll be. It might be nice to do it next week, but then Tom will have to postpone to get us back on track.

Maybe we should do mine next week and Tom could announce her pick at the same time. We’d be doing two MM’s back 2 back, but it would get us back on track. Thoughts?

I'll be ready with Rockula whenever. I'll be binging on Prestige Awards Show-type films pretty soon, so I feel like I need something to balance out my viewing to truly appreciate that oeuvre, and what better counter-programming than THIS movie? 😁Rockula.png

• Like 2

After seeing this, is there a way to force Paul to do Rockula for the show?

• Like 2

Yea who are the people in charge of picking movies?  I know the 'movie rec' forum is a giant wasteland but maybe can you guys reward us, your faithful forum commenters, and do Rockula?  Please?  It's PERFECT.  I need to hear Jason and June react to this

• Like 2

Yeah. I'm sure they get recommendations every day on twitter. So, a handful of people asking for Rockula probably won't get through. I know Paul has talked about people sending DVDs for years to demand Rad. Is that what we have to do?

• Like 2