🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 580 - Legend of Mr. Met

Ben Schwartz and Horatio Sanz join Scott to ring in the New Year and share what they want to achieve in 2019. Then, professional baseball player Johnny Salese stops by to share the story of the birth of Mr. Met. Later, storyteller Chris Grezlik stops by to play a game of Riddle Me This. Plus, the debut of a brand new Closing Up the Plugs Bag Theme Song!

That closing of the plugs bag is 42 seconds long. Over 52 weeks of shows that's a minimum of 36 minutes we're going to hear it in 2019. 

7 hours ago, Bumpy said:

That closing of the plugs bag is 42 seconds long. Over 52 weeks of shows that's a minimum of 36 minutes we're going to hear it in 2019. 

Scott seems happiest when the plug intro themes are around 15 seconds in length. Listening to a closing theme 3x that length every week might cause him to go insane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

as soon as they start plugs i will stop listening from now on.  it was funny when they honestly screwed up the first time; however purposefully doing it wrong years in a row and feigning it as accidental simply is not funny.  it's annoying and disingenuous. it is way too slow of a burn to be funny for a regular listener, like myself.  just use the closing up the plug bag theme remix with Marino and Wilson.

I love it when guests are baffled by the closing of the plug bag theme, and this year will certainly leave them baffled... possibly more than last year, depending on how insane the accompanying music gets

10 hours ago, KeyboardBadger said:

I love it when guests are baffled by the closing of the plug bag theme, and this year will certainly leave them baffled... possibly more than last year, depending on how insane the accompanying music gets

He already posted it, so you be the judge.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, razlax479 said:

as soon as they start plugs i will stop listening from now on.  it was funny when they honestly screwed up the first time; however purposefully doing it wrong years in a row and feigning it as accidental simply is not funny.  it's annoying and disingenuous. it is way too slow of a burn to be funny for a regular listener, like myself.  just use the closing up the plug bag theme remix with Marino and Wilson.

I don't understand how you've ever enjoyed this podcast.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I didn't think the baseball player character was going anywhere until oh boy did it go somewhere. Great stuff. Also wonderful how immediately uncomfortable Mr S and Mr A got at the next guest. Just some great bonkers stuff to start the year.

Scott's gonna be done with that song by February.

42 minutes ago, Melron McDilnott said:

He already posted it, so you be the judge.

I still think last year's was more off the rails with the circus music but this is pretty wild too

3 hours ago, NameThatPunky said:

I don't understand how you've ever enjoyed this podcast.

The basic idea of an individual disliking one specific part of something while enjoying other aspects of it is too intellectually complex of a concept for you to understand. Okay. Thanks for letting me know, I guess.

• Like 1

Man! Eastman Presser's remix is so much better than mine haha. if you guys one wanna check it out, that would be awesome! :P

https://soundcloud.com/kniues/open-up-the-bag-remix#t=0:00

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode largely because Horatio, probably in his least inspired guest appearance, still delivers insanity that I could listen to all day. 

It’s pointless to jump on the bandwagon excreting upon the Closing the Plugs Bag theme song that Scott potentially loathes even more than we do, though my mother said she was proud of raising a son who stands up for such consequential issues.  So here goes.

What sort of perverse masochists positively reinforced Ben Schwartz' impulse toward un-ironic tenor bravado singing?  A mess of a sentence, but I trust you can piece together the quadratic formula.  If someone with 10x my (nonexistent) talent attempts improv comedy let alone musical improv comedy then ya still fall flat inevitably sometimes.  This riff sounds like Stan Marsh getting old and hating all music (that's a shitty flatulence joke).  The magnum opiss moment occurs when Horatio subconsciously undercuts the off off off off off off Broadway quality earnest theme with "let's get loaded" which cannot breathe before being violently assaulted by BS's heartfelt "let's get loaded!!!"  Upon hearing that miscarriage of a moment, angels have discovered that their wings were a dream within a dream within a dream and never actually existed before plummeting into oblivion. 

Ben Schwartz is a treasure, at improv in particular, but please stop singing without even a hint of irony, or continue doing it in the privacy of your own water closet, just never on a comedy podcast.  Jesus tittyflopping Christ, you are doing permanent damage to the small holes in the sides of our heads. 

Love and happiness,
Mary Wollstonecraft Driftwood 

Sign in to follow this