🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
LukeTunaDavidson

THE CHRONICALS OF RIDDICK, FUCK YES!

it would be incredible, that movie is bad but so hilarious. Pitch black had a huge cult following, they released a 30min animated short set directly after pitch black, that vin diesel actually voice acts his character, then they go on and release Chronicals which is just nothing like the other two in the franchise, WTF?, great film for the podcast, would love to hear it.

and again my guest host would be aziz ansari.

This film was a massive bomb, so they're making another sequel. Yep: That makes sense!

This is one of those movies that ended up turning a big profit on DVD sales. The next one is apparently going to be a hard R and pretty much sounds like Pitch Black redux.

Yes, this movie really, really sucked. I tend to like a lot of movies and most of the time come away thinking that my time was well spent. This is one of the few movies where I was kicking myself of watching it. In that two hour span I could have read a book, worked on projects, finished leveling up in Fallout, any number of things. It was very bad.

Also, this movie and the latest Fast and the Furious movies prove to me that Vin Diesel can never be vulnerable in any movie that he is doing. He ALWAYS has to have the last word and he ALWAYS has to be two steps ahead of everyone else. In this movie, Riddick (Vin) has superhuman awareness and always knows the outcome before anyone else. Oh, Riddick is captured and taken to jail? You would think that would be bad, right? Nope, Vin WANTED to be caught and has a 100% foolproof method of breaking out of jail. Just like in the FF6, when the Rock said he put a tracking device on the car. You would think that Dom (Vin) would be surprised? THERE ARE NO SURPRISES FOR DOM! He casually tosses the tracking device back to the Rock.

He's like that kid that no one wanted to play with in the neighborhood because he kept ruining the games. Like, when you pretend the sidewalk is lava and everyone is doing their best not to walk on the concrete, this asshole just strolls up not giving a fuck. And when you say, "oh no! Vin, you're in the lava! Hurry, quick, jump out before you burn to death!" Vin replies, "oh, well, I have lava-proof boots on so, I'm ok."

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

• Like 2

This is one of those movies that ended up turning a big profit on DVD sales. The next one is apparently going to be a hard R and pretty much sounds like Pitch Black redux.

Yeah, its Pitch Black without all of the interesting characters and story. It's basically a vehicle for Vin Diesel to be all badass for 90+ minutes.

chronicles of riddick is interesting because somehow the movie came well after the video game and animated version of the same name and also it was easily the most awful

Honestly I didn't think this movie was that terrible or ridiculous, just kinda boring "pulp sci-fi trying to take itself too seriously." I'd much much much rather see them do XXX than this.

I'd much much much rather see them do XXX than this.

XXX is such a good time. Like, incredibly good. There's so much to unpack in that movie. There's a fucking scene where Vin Diesel is driving a motorcycle through a corn field and somehow jumping over barns that explode for no reason and then jumps high enough to kick a helicopter pilot (pretty sure the helicopter subsequently explodes) and he's just jumping and shit is exploding and you're like "is the corn actually nitroglycerin or something".

Love that movie.

• Like 2

I don't know if I've ever watched XXX. I've seen parts of it on tv so many times I feel like i've watched the movie yet I sorta got that feeling i have not. You know what i mean?

I've tried to watch Chronicles of Riddick but never could get into it. you see I hate Vin Diesel. he's such a bad actor and yet I find him great in the fast and the ridiculous movies. I guess he's believable as playing the kind of idiot that would be driving around town doing street racing for a living.

I don't know if I've ever watched XXX. I've seen parts of it on tv so many times I feel like i've watched the movie yet I sorta got that feeling i have not. You know what i mean?

I've tried to watch Chronicles of Riddick but never could get into it. you see I hate Vin Diesel. he's such a bad actor and yet I find him great in the fast and the ridiculous movies. I guess he's believable as playing the kind of idiot that would be driving around town doing street racing for a living.

*cough*Saving Private Ryan*cough*

*cough*Saving Private Ryan*cough*

In which he gets shot dead halfway through the film. Most effective use of Vin Diesel ever. In fact, EVERY Vin Diesel movie should feature him dying violently around the one hour mark!

• Like 1

I remember back in what must have been 1997 or 1998 I caught an episode of 48 hours where they were profiling three hopefuls trying to break into hollywood. The three they profiled were Darren Aronofsky, Nicholas Sparks and Vin Diesel, who had not broken through. Aronofsky was putting Pi together and trying to get people to care about that, Sparks had just one of his books optioned by Kevin Costner (now it seems like he's somehow figured out how to churn out the same movie over and over and have it sell) and Diesel was trying to sell the film he wrote, directed and starred in; Strays. At the end they gave a "where are they now" update and said that he had landed a part in Saving Private Ryan and since then I have never forgotten his role. I really wish it was up on youtube because it was interesting back then and I imagine it would be cool to watch it now that all of their careers have taken off.

And a young Vin Diesel in his first role:

• Like 1

WOW, is there nothing Vin Diesel can't do... blown my mind.

By the way I like the yellow pages part the best. the look on that kids face is priceless and then he does the stalker.

Sign in to follow this