🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Thor99

In the Name of the King or...

In The Name Of The King might require a 2-part episode, there is so much delightfully terrible goodness to discuss.

An entire episode could be devoted to the ridiculousness of Burt Reynolds as the king. And the same goes for Ray Liotta's performance. Epic levels of so-bad-it's-goodness.

I cam in here to post In the Name of the King. Yes, please do this movie. yet another Ron Perlman, Jason Statham, Leelee Sobieski shitfest...I'm starting to spot a trend with the actors starring in these horrible films. I defy anyone to watch the 20 minutes of the movie and tell me what, precisely, is the story...or who anyone is...or what's happening...or where we are...or why we should care. So many great shots of extras just running around willy nilly. And Ray Liotta doing his best Ridiculous Cage.

I loved ItNotK.. how can you not love a movie that was made to rip off LotR in character design, scene creation, shooting and editing.. the hubris to base your crappy, but $60m!, movie after one of the worlds most expensive and high production value movie series ever made.

Liotta suffering from green screen spazz-out.. Classic! Perlman and Statham as simple farmer / warrior kings. Believable! Loken as some sort of Dryad with the magical ability to rise and fall on vines. Mystical!

Sign in to follow this