🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

New Moderator Introduction Post!!

Hey Everybody!!!

I'm Shannon! I'm the new moderator here!

I love the Earwolf network more than I can say, because they save me from the horrid monotony of my desk job. I'm so excited to hang out here with you guys and geek out about our favorite shows!!

My friend Danielle (known here henceforth as nbclatenight) will also be moderating with me and we both want to do our best to make these boards an awesome place. It may take us a little while to get acclimated, so please be patient with us while we learn how to best make things work around here.

Please don't hesitate to contact either of us about anything you may need. We really want to get all of your questions answered and problems fixed as soon as possible.

Okay enough business!

I want you guys to introduce yourselves! I want to get to know you!

I'll start. Like I said, I'm Shannon! I live in Austin, TX which is the most awesome place on Earth if you were unaware. I'm a singer who dreams of someday getting the balls to be a professional voice actor. I love comedy and fortunately get to spend a lot of time at Cap City Comedy Club here where I've met so many amazing comedians and laughed harder than I thought possible. I really love all the Earwolf podcasts but if I had to pick a top three I'd go with Who Charted?, Totally Laime, and How Did This Get Made. I also listen to a bunch of other podcasts like Doug Loves Movies and Jordan Jesse Go! (but maybe I'm not supposed to talk about those other guys here :P ) Truly, my boring job is only bearable because I get to keep funny people in my ears all day. I am also obsessed with a lot of tv shows and other nerdoms that I'm sure I'll be posting in Off Topic about a lot. I'm really really excited to be your mod here!! I think we're gonna have fun.

Alright, your turn!!

• Like 1

Welcome Shannon! Glad to have a real moderator on here now that the forums are so nice. I'm Rob. I go to school at Purdue University in Indiana (possibly the worst place on earth if you were unaware). Huge comedy fan, huge podcast fan. I am currently trying to get into the video production field, hopefully television. I'm also an aspiring standup but it's hard to find anywhere to go around here to do that. Glad to hear you'll be in the off topic section, it get's a little stagnant.

Nice to meet ya, Shannon! You're so lucky to be in Austin- I went down for about a week summer before last & totally just fell in love. I didn't get to see any live music but I ate a ton of great food & met Anthony Bourdan when I randomly found out about a lecture & signing he was doing the day of, so that town has lots of great memories for me. =)

But yeah...I'm Jenny...from Chattanooga, TN & I love music, comedy, writing & photography. I'm looking for someone who...wait a minute, this isn't okcupid...I like to tell dumb jokes (like the one I just made) that people probably don't get half the time on the internet (esp. via twitter) & dream of the day I get paid to do journalism stuff. I'm also so geekishly thrilled about the possibility of this place becoming more of a community & making new friends through it.

Hi Shannon and Rob!

I'm a huge Earwolf fan as well with Who Charted? being my favorite on the network. I'm from the SF Bay and I'm trying to break into the animation industry (preferably film, but I'll take whatever I can get!). So nice to meet you!

Welcome Shannon and nbclatenight! These forums certainly need some TLC (yeah, I just typed that) and I'm so excited for you guys to roll up your sleeves and start to pull together the community. And that is really what forums are about, fostering a community where people feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and passions with people who share those passions. I can't wait to see how our listeners come together with the help of our new forums and the two of you!

Hey there everybody! Nick to meet you all. I'm Nick and I'm from Montreal, up in good old Canada. I'm a classical double bass player and I've been an Earwolf fan since the day I realized he had stopped recording at Indie 103. Comedy Bang Bang is still my favourite (yeah that's how we spell it), followed closely by Professor Blastoff.

Fun fact: my last name can be discerned by unraveling the delightful spoonerism of my username--can you solve this mystery?

I'm Jon, I'm 27 and from BC, Canada. Big fan of comedy and podcasts for the past couple years... I work a desk job and typically about half the hours in a week or more are spent listening to random silliness and trying not to burst out laughing. Long time fan of Mr. Show, which was my first introduction to the incredible network of comics out there. Nice to meet/learn about the rest of ya :)

• Like 1

Hi shannon, im daniel I live in san antonio i like good stuff. say hi to Clayton Blackstone, he just started standup in austin and has done cap city open mic (actually good)