🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 59 Preview (CaleBug Tranch’s 4th Pick)

After last week's emotion-fest I bet he'll pick something upbeat like Sweeney Todd to lighten the mood.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

After last week's emotion-fest I bet he'll pick something upbeat like Sweeney Todd to lighten the mood.

I've got about 45 mins left on The Last Five Years, but I'm predicting an extremely happy ending. I'm not wrong, right?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I've got about 45 mins left on The Last Five Years, but I'm predicting an extremely happy ending. I'm not wrong, right?

Depends on whether you're pulling for Jamie or Cathy.  Also, 45 minutes left is halfway through.  It's a short movie.

• Like 3

I have to give the movie credit.  It is basically the stage play with storyline changes but the lyrics and music are pretty much spot on.  The stage show is around 90 minutes as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taylorannephoto said:

Calebug

tenor.gif?itemid=9759024

I sense a profile name change in CakeBug's future.

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

You might be watching it backwards

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, taylorannephoto said:

Calebug

tenor.gif?itemid=9759024

I’m keeping that shit :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi folks! Sorry about the delay, I was driving down to Oswego this morning and just got in.

Re: CaleBug: the pair of pants I just failed to fit into might agree that switching from Cale to Cake might be the way to go.

Okay! This week's pick! I had a lot of thoughts, and very nearly made you all watch the Sharpay movie, just so we could go back to HSM, or 'Descendants', because why should I be the only one to have suffered, but I know there's also a really good chance that everyone would just take a pass on contributing this week.

My last three picks were Across the Universe (arguably the best pick yet, still), Guys and Dolls (meh) and La La Land (the film that killed Fister).  This time, I thought I'd go a bit off the beaten path with a film I haven't yet seen myself but which comes highly recommended by a playwright I greatly respect, who without question calls this his favorite musical of all time. So, no pressure. I have a DVD copy that that playwright sent to me, so I might be able to do some rabb.it screenings, or it's available for rent on Amazon and Apple.

So what is it? Not sure yet! Folks, let's watch our first musical Spike Lee joint! Let's watch...

passing-strange-poster.jpg

Are there still spoiler tags?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Hi folks! Sorry about the delay, I was driving down to Oswego this morning and just got in.

Re: CaleBug: the pair of pants I just failed to fit into might agree that switching from Cale to Cake might be the way to go.

Okay! This week's pick! I had a lot of thoughts, and very nearly made you all watch the Sharpay movie, just so we could go back to HSM, or 'Descendants', because why should I be the only one to have suffered, but I know there's also a really good chance that everyone would just take a pass on contributing this week.

My last three picks were Across the Universe (arguably the best pick yet, still), Guys and Dolls (meh) and La La Land (the film that killed Fister).  This time, I thought I'd go a bit off the beaten path with a film I haven't yet seen myself but which comes highly recommended by a playwright I greatly respect, who without question calls this his favorite musical of all time. So, no pressure. I have a DVD copy that that playwright sent to me, so I might be able to do some rabb.it screenings, or it's available for rent on Amazon and Apple.

So what is it? Not sure yet! Folks, let's watch our first musical Spike Lee joint! Let's watch...

passing-strange-poster.jpg

Are there still spoiler tags?

Yes, there are.

• Like 1

Hello for now I'm back and I'm gonna watch this Spike Lee musical and share my thought with you guys.

END OF LINE

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IMAHUGEHDTGMFAN said:

Hello for now I'm back and I'm gonna watch this Spike Lee musical and share my thought with you guys.

END OF LINE

welcome-back-gif-5.gif

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IMAHUGEHDTGMFAN said:

END OF LINE

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Is this our first foray into recorded Live On Stage Musicals? I've seen this years ago and am looking forward to revisiting it.

It was streaming for awhile on a couple of platforms, I'll check BroadwayHD, if it's there I could probably host a screening as well (if not, well I can't)

I hate to break it to you Cale, but Rabbit doesn't allow DVD streamings so that cuts out that option lol.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EvRobert said:

Is this our first foray into recorded Live On Stage Musicals? I've seen this years ago and am looking forward to revisiting it.

It was streaming for awhile on a couple of platforms, I'll check BroadwayHD, if it's there I could probably host a screening as well (if not, well I can't)

Cinco chose Piya Behrupiya which was in front of an audience and a lot of us watched the live version of Rent when Cinco picked that one as well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I hate to break it to you Cale, but Rabbit doesn't allow DVD streamings so that cuts out that option lol.

Sweet! I'm off the hook! Sort your fuckin selves out! ;)

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Sweet! I'm off the hook! Sort your fuckin selves out! ;)

Got it!

GTvsFtr.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Folks, let's watch our first musical Spike Lee joint!

Second!  We also did School Daze

• Like 2

Just now, AlmostAGhost said:

Second!  We also did School Daze

I wasn't here, so in my mind, it didn't happen... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1