🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 206.5 - Minisode 206.5

The Hobbs & Shaw trailer dropped so it’s important that Paul and Jason break it down on this week’s minisode! Paul also opens up the Explanation Hope Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for Little Italy, and opens up the Mail Bag. Plus, find out what movie is covered next week!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our new website over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

Jason is still not on Twitter

If any of y'all have cable, Dragon Blade is available on Starz.

If any of y'all also have an eternal Cusack crush, this viewing will be rough. :/

Paul, my friend. I've been meaning to bring this up for a long time ... when you do your little joke about "Paul Ass" and "Paul Ask," it never works for me, because (to my ears at least), you pronounce them exactly the same! Should you continue with this bit, I recommend taking care to clearly pronounce the /k/ in "ask." Hope that helps.

If the guest is Dan Radcliffe  I will lose my shit. (See this movie’s thread in bad movie recommendations.)

Also, was I the only one who thought Cody was a man? I am shocked. 

Worried about the caller who thinks his sister’s fiancé is a dud. Like maybe she has a lot going on and a boring person is what she needs? Or maybe she doesn’t think he’s a dud? 

I love that the first Little Italy caller’s theory was basically “sex pollen.”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Worried about the caller who thinks his sister’s fiancé is a dud. Like maybe she has a lot going on and a boring person is what she needs? Or maybe she doesn’t think he’s a dud? 

Right?! Now, whether or not he says something should be entirely dependent upon what his current relationship is with his sister. If they're close enough, I'd say go ahead and have a heart-to-heart, but don't say, "why are you marrying this dud?" Say something like, "I just want to make sure you're happy and are doing this for the right reasons. Are you happy?" And if she says she is, then try to be happy for her. You're not the one marrying him. If she loves him as he is, let her do it. OR, let her make her own mistake. I'm sure she's probably already picked up that her brother's response to the hubby-to-be has been less than enthusiastic. But it's really her choice and not yours. You love your sister, Respect the autonomy, even if you don't like the guy. 

I say this as a sibling to someone who married worse than a dud. We talked about it before. He knew how the family felt, but we accepted his decision. He's divorced now, but they were together for 15 years. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

My old theater prof/Dungeon master (D&D, not B&D) was in Dragon Blade as Agrippa and he kept us posted as it was filming, saying we would not BELIEVE the scale of the thing. When it came out, a bunch of us who knew him got together to watch it and he was right, it is bananas.  Just...so much.  Also, he said Adrian Brody was lovely.

But seriously, watch it.  It is insane.

• Like 2

I’m sort of disappointed that Corrections & Omissions didn’t mention the first thing that the forums said about the episode: that the “Moron sandwich” joke, the only one in the movie that they really liked, was stolen from Hell’s Kitchen.

• Like 1

Started watching Dragon Blade...not bad per se just a complete bore...about halfway ..is there a payoff...does it go bonkers...i feel like there will be time travel

So that kid is Chinese right ...odd choice; slap a blond wig on him and try to pass him off as Roman 😂🤣😃

John Cusack in a period piece like this makes as much sense as it did when a coked out Ray Liotta showed up in In the Name of the King. 

• Like 1

Did that couple break up at the end !? 

My goodness, Dragon Blade was boring - boring and incomprehensible. They should have cut out half the battle scenes in order to do a little more explanation on what was going on elsewhere in the movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotironskillet said:

My goodness, Dragon Blade was boring - boring and incomprehensible. They should have cut out half the battle scenes in order to do a little more explanation on what was going on elsewhere in the movie.

100% It took me three attempts just to get 30 minutes and I still have like 45 minutes left. If anything crazy has happened, there’s a real good chance I nodded off and missed it.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:19 AM, LTL said:

Did that couple break up at the end !? 

Which couple? Like Hamlet, all the main characters died except Jackie Chan.

9 hours ago, hotironskillet said:

I thought the movie was very straightforward. And if you cut out all the fight sequences, it would be about 45 minutes long. Have you ever seen a Jackie Chan movie? The long choreographed fight sequences are a signature touch.

Glad to see John Cusack do absolutely zero accent in this film while wearing Corey Feldman's wig from The Lost Boys. Also, Jackie Chan is a fucking machine, the dude is 60 in this film and can still put on amazing fight scenes and great stunts. Lastly, I'm 35 minutes in and I have no fucking idea what this movie is about.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RyanSz said:

Glad to see John Cusack do absolutely zero accent in this film while wearing Corey Feldman's wig from The Lost Boys. Also, Jackie Chan is a fucking machine, the dude is 60 in this film and can still put on amazing fight scenes and great stunts. Lastly, I'm 35 minutes in and I have no fucking idea what this movie is about.

same! I'm about half through and I still don't know either. 

On 2/11/2019 at 8:46 PM, The_Other_MikeD said:

Which couple? Like Hamlet, all the main characters died except Jackie Chan.

I thought the movie was very straightforward. And if you cut out all the fight sequences, it would be about 45 minutes long. Have you ever seen a Jackie Chan movie? The long choreographed fight sequences are a signature touch.

Clearly I watched  the longer version with the Chines archeologist bumpers  .. Erin Drake said exactly the same thing btw when showed the clip in studio " wait did they just break up" LOL