🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Who would you want Conan to interview being a friend or talking about their friendship? I would love to have future episodes with Andy Richter and Jason Momoa. It should be required Jason and Conan drink Guinness throughout their chat.

• Like 1

Oh Andy Richter for sure. Even back in the '90s I always looked forward to the moments in the show when Conan and Andy just chat. Also clearly 'Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend' is just a subtweet at Andy.

But I also do kind of hope the show expands if it continues to not just be comedians - Conan's always been a good interviewer with musicians since he's such a big fan, for instance.

• Like 2

I've tweeted about this before...I like all of Conan's guests. That said, it's been mostly an old boys club. Not the kind of guys I think that would make up an old boys club, and most of them (Conan included) would probably be the first to say they wouldn't want to be a part of an old boy's club....but that's what it's turning into. It's weird because I've always thought of Conan as ahead of the curve with the history of his show, his humor, his intelligence and his ability to shake things up and be spontaneous. Here, on a format that he should have more freedom to do as he likes, he's opting to keep it a male buddy group. I guess I can't wrap my head around that this is his active choice. Yes, there are a few female guests. A FEW. Kristen Bell, wife of fellow friend guest Dax Shepard, and Megan Mullally (who came on with husband Nick Offerman), and Wanda Sykes. All excellent.  On his previous in-depth discussion series, Serious Jibber-Jabber there were no female guests. (I double checked on the Conan website, please correct me if one is missing.). Is it awkward for him to have a longer in depth with a female guest? Is it because he likely is friends with more dudes, and strictly following that for planning the show? My thought is he should make an effort and put himself in a slightly less comfortable, unnatural place (he'll be fine) in a conscious way-- like literally make a number count and book them, a woman for every man who has guested...and maybe in time it actually won't be so weird and unnatural, and he can have friends without having to think one way or another about it.  There are so many smart, witty, talented women who deserve the honor of being asked to participate. 

• Like 2

Conan, when are you going to interview Andy Richter or Will Arnett? Also I would be interested in an interview with your wife. I would assume she’s interested in being your friend. Would you interview Norm MacDonald?

• Like 1

Please please please bring Norm MacDonald in to be Conan’s friend!  

• Like 1

Bob Odenkirk.  Conan has brought up Bob in several episodes.   It's time to bring him on the show.

• Like 1

Among ALL talk show interviews in history, Norm Macdonald created some of the best interviews of all time with Conan FOR YEARS (possibly his guest appearances on Letterman could be the only other talk show that is comparable). What are you waiting for Conan?!?!

Mira Sorvino. She was the best guest for years and I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Conan would be on the wrong side of the #metoo movement if he doesn't reunite with her.

We want Norm Mcd! And Harry Shearer would be funny.

BTW, I've been getting strange reactions as I ride my bike on the beach path wearing my headphones tuned to your podcast...must be my 'shit-faced' grin which I can't control!

Sorry for putting my politics into this. But I'd like to hear a interview with Andrew Yang. I know this is probably just a show for entertainers to talk to Conan but I'd like to quantify how the mainstream press constantly sees and treats his campaign as a joke and under represents him like others polling less or equal to his numbers like Mayor Pete and Beto. Check out #YangMediaBlackoutt on twitter. He's a smart dude and does great interviews like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87M2HwkZZcw

• Like 3

I would love to hear Conan do interviews with John Mulaney and Norm Macdonald.

*fingers crossed*  Hoping for the hilarity what you ensue if they were guests.

I want to support what other posters have offered on this thread in terms of inviting more women to participate. Comedy writing has been a tremendously sexist terrain. What Conan and other podcasts (like Marc Maron) perpetuate is a nostalgic view of the 80s and 90s as a kind of golden age for young white men, whether in the Simpsons writing room or in the comedy clubs. I am so glad for Sona's presence on the show and would hope for more of a balance with women guests. The other major limitation for Conan's show is race. Wanda Sykes and Michelle Obama are the only African Americans included, and perhaps Malcolm Gladwell since he identifies as multiracial. Chapelle? Chris Rock? Tracey Morgan? Does Conan only want to be friends with people like him -- straight white men? And aside from the friendship premise of the show, whose work does the show promote? Whose voices are heard? What values and investments of the past does the show perpetuate? 

• Like 1

Just watched the John Lydon / Johnny Rotten interview that corresponded with the release of Rotten: No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs.  I think a knew interview on the podcast would be GREAT!

Hello, I’m a big fan of the show and of Conan’s work more broadly. Would Conan ever consider having someone as provocative/controversial as Woody Allen on the show? Would be great, actually, to have Conan visit with all of the surviving writers for Sid Caesar. Might he be interested in such a pursuit?

I’m a long time conan fan, been watching since day one. I’d really like to see Adam Sandler on the podcast. The SNL guys have been really entertaining so far and I’d like to hear them in a more intimate setting. I think it’d be tops!

always a fan,

Rocky Humphreys

3 minutes ago, Elrocko1980 said:

I’m a long time conan fan, been watching since day one. I’d really like to see Adam Sandler on the podcast. The SNL guys have been really entertaining so far and I’d like to hear them in a more intimate setting. I think it’d be tops!

always a fan,

Rocky Humphreys

Good news: Sandler was on episode #9!

Since Conan asked in an early episode (I think the David Sedaris one) about free advice regarding his memory "problems," maybe he can have a two part thing where he has Seth Rogen (because of his Hilarity for Charity) on one day and a neuroscientist or neurologist or some Alzheimer's authority another day to get his questions answered. He can time it to match up with the Longest day fundraiser day: thelongestday.alz.org or Seth's annual Hilarity for Charity event.

I’d like one where Conan just chats with Sona and Matt. That would be a dream come true.

• Like 1