🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
cyrus

Episode 8 — Analyze Phish Episode 4

"Teach a man to Phish" should've bin the name of the show.

...nah Analyze Phish is pretty good, but that was also funny.

• Like 1

Oh, man, you guys. So great. SO GREAT. I was afraid I had built this episode up too much in my head, but no! It was as awesome as I'd imagined. Thanks for making such a fun podcast, Harris and Scott.

This was really one of my favorite episodes of any podcast. So many twists and turns! I started it past midnight just to get a taste and ended up listening to the whole thing. I knew that would happen.

Wow. What an experience.

I'd almost forgotten how much I love getting f'ed up with hippies until I heard everyone that shouted at Scott.

THE MAZE BRO

• Like 1

This may be the first example I've heard of Gonzo Podcasting. Seriously, though, this was one of the best podcast episodes I've ever heard. Not just this podcast, but any podcast. Great job to everyone involved, I seriously enjoyed it a lot. That's it.

• Like 5

This may be the first example I've heard of Gonzo Podcasting. Seriously, though, this was one of the best podcast episodes I've ever heard. Not just this podcast, but any podcast. Great job to everyone involved, I seriously enjoyed it a lot. That's it.

Gonzo podcasting is right. I like this person.

• Like 1

What a great show! I had to register an account just to say that...I was on the edge of my seat. WILL SCOTT GET HIGH? WILL HE LIKE PHISH?

My favorite part was definately the 5th member of phish running gag...so funny.

• Like 1

This is my favourite fucking podcast! I can't even get through my homework because I'm laughing too hard all day at university.

I loved Scott, Harris, and Phish before Analyze Phish. After, I started questioning my feelings for all three. But episode 4 made up for the first 3. (FYI, Adam Scott was always safe)

Looking forward to the next ep.

P.S. I've seen Phish 6 times and was 100% sober for all of them. Had a great time every time.

Really, REALLY good stuff. I had to catch up on episode 3 before I listened to this one (I've been away from podcasts for about four months due to moving and couch surfing), and boy oh boy, it was well worth the wait (which, granted, wasn't much of one considering this episode came out today)!

So good. I agree with the Gonzo connotation. This episode reminded me of the earliest episodes of 'Walking with Michelle,' where Michelle, PFT and Matt Belknap walked around Disneyland and would intermittently cut back to the three of them in the studio recounting what was happening at the time of the recording. Similarly, it was super hot that day at the Park, and they all got really loopy.

EARWOLF! Synonymous with HILARITY! Keep 'em coming, guys. You're doing the God of Comedy's work.

• Like 2

Is there any chance you guys could put out the full, unedited recording from the Phish show (and all the pre- and post-gaming as well)? Because I would seriously listen to the whole thing.

• Like 7

Usually I can keep my cool listening to funny podcasts while taking public transit, but I got some weird stares when I busted out laughing at "Would anybody like some coconut water?"

This episode made me think I might actually enjoy going to a Phish show. Harris has done the impossible. A true god among bros.

I remember walking out of a movie theater with a friend, it was a good movie too, but the first thing that came out of my mouth was "I can't wait until the next Analyze Phish episode". I don't know what that says about me or what I'm most entertained by recently but this podcast does rub off on people.

This episode specifically was mind blowing, the whole quest to get Scott high put a smile on my face from beginning to end.

Aukerman is very smart, but admittedly straight laced, and to bring up the point that your "veteran tripper" did feel something when he took the mushroom chocolates is probably because our seratonin receptors respond to familiar drugs much easier than ones your body has seldom been introduced to.

Same with Cannabinoid receptors. Someone I know smoked pot with his girlfriend for the first time a couple weeks ago, very good pot i must say, and she insisted she didn't feel a damn thing. I had the same experience for at least the first five times I tried getting stoned. Mali is different though, the A in MDMA stands for Amphetamine, so i think he was feeling it and didn't notice until he got back to his hotel, hence the wired feeling. Ecstasy can be super fun, but the adrenaline of being in a big energetic crowd is like using a stimulant anyway.

the_more_you_know2(6).jpg

• Like 1

I've eaten mushroom chocolates I know were good, that 5 other people tripped on, and they didn't do anything for me, so it's definitely understandable.

As far as Molly goes, a point (0.1 gram) for me just gets seems to bring me to the edge of a roll. Then I carry around another point or two in my pocket as powder and dip my pinkie in it every little while. It really gives you a great roll throughout the show, and if it starts to get too intense, you can stop eating it and ride it out.

Also, I'm from Florida, but really, 1/3 of your drugs are bunk? Sheesh. Maybe one out of every 10 times here, and that's a stretch.

All in all, I would suggest next time stick to Molly, get a few points, and see where it takes you.

I think all the alcohol might've worked against the ecstacy and the shrooms. If Scott wants to get all rambly and tripped out and hallucinate, I think he should avoid alcohol and stick to psychedelics. I'd say don't chance it with drugs obtained at the show next time, get Scott an eighth of shrooms or two hits of acid from a dealer Harris trusts beforehand and just stick to that, and maybe some weed. I don't think the show can end until Scott truly inhabits the mindset of the Phish fan.

This podcast was too great. That combination of drugs would probably seriously mess me up.... burger might have set Scott back a little on the ball-tripping but it sounded too good to pass up! At this rate Analyze Phish is never going to end, heheh, but I love that.

Sign in to follow this