🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 207.5 - Minisode 207.5

Bubbles is alive, Detective Spicy Hands, and more on this week’s mini-sode! Paul opens up the Explanation Hope Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for Dragon Blade, and shares something amazing during Paul’s Pick of the Week. Plus, find out which movie we will be watching next week!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our new website over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

Jason is still not on Twitter

I am angry Paul didn't find out if Dan is the forum poster but I am willing to let that slide. Like some of you weirdos would figure out his IP or whatever. 

But Cameron! They used part of your post about champions but cut out the part on David and Goliath! Makes it sound like you are making shit up.

I am starting a #Justice4Cameron campaign. Please donate.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

But Cameron! They used part of your post about champions but cut out the part on David and Goliath! Makes it sound like you are making shit up.

I noticed that too! I thought that was a very good example!! I'm backing #Justice4Cameron as well!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I am angry Paul didn't find out if Dan is the forum poster but I am willing to let that slide. Like some of you weirdos would figure out his IP or whatever. 

1 hour ago, JammerLea said:

I noticed that too! I thought that was a very good example!! I'm backing #Justice4Cameron as well!

LeaMicheleThankYou.gif

• Like 5

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I just listened to it! I thought he just didn’t read that bit and maybe it weakened what I was trying to say. But to actually omit the bit where I gave historical context, and then say I didn’t give any evidence and THEN say that I’m “better than that” is some straight up BUUUUUUULLLLSHIT!

I mean, no, I didn’t go deep with the fucking microfiche or anything, but I did provide a very relevant example (one that most people would be familiar with without research) with dates - even if only approximate.

Look, I’m fully capable of looking like I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about on my own - lol. But don’t give partial context and then say I should have given more or call me out for being lazy. I mean, if it was that bad, don’t read it. That’s fine. But don’t present a false narrative.

Gah! His argument doesn’t even address the salient point of my post, which was that they thought that kind of thing didn’t happen that early in history. I point out an earlier example, and he brings up freakin’ Braveheart - a movie absolutely renowned for its historical accuracy - which takes place approximately 1200 years after the events depicted in Dragon Blade and nearly 2000 years after the event I cited.

Look, I am open to disagreement. I’m open to debate. I’m open to being called a fucking moron, if you want. But don’t fucking edit me and then tell me I didn’t provide examples. 

giphy.gif

But thank you Elektra and Jammer! I appreciate you both! Thanks for having my back :) 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Look, I’m fully capable of looking like I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about on my own - lol. But don’t give partial context and then say I should have given more or call me out for being lazy. I mean, if it was that bad, don’t read it. That’s fine. But don’t present a false narrative.

I'm guessing for this one someone else collected a couple comments from the thread for Paul to read, but only copied part of your post, so Paul probably had no idea that you provided an example.

303eeyx.jpg

Oh well 😂

• Like 4

Just now, JammerLea said:

I'm guessing for this one someone else collected a couple comments from the thread for Paul to read, but only copied part of your post, so Paul probably had no idea that you provided an example.

303eeyx.jpg

Oh well 😂

That’s my guess, too. I’m not really mad. It’s just kind of obnoxious. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10569231

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I just listened to it! I thought he just didn’t read that bit and maybe it weakened what I was trying to say. But to actually omit the bit where I gave historical context, and then say I didn’t give any evidence and THEN say that I’m “better than that” is some straight up BUUUUUUULLLLSHIT!

I mean, no, I didn’t go deep with the fucking microfiche or anything, but I did provide a very relevant example (one that most people would be familiar with without research) with dates - even if only approximate.

Gah! His argument doesn’t even address the salient point of my post, which was that they thought that kind of thing didn’t happen that early in history. I point out an earlier example, and he brings up freakin’ Braveheart - a movie absolutely renowned for its historical accuracy - which takes place approximately 1200 years after the events depicted in Dragon Blade and nearly 2000 years after the event I cited.

Look, I am open to disagreement. I’m open to debate. I’m open to being called a fucking moron, if you want. But don’t fucking edit me and then tell me I didn’t provide examples. 

giphy.gif

But thank you Elektra and Jammer! I appreciate you both! Thanks for having my back :) 

While I know Paul reads the board occasionally, I'm sure comments for the episodes are given to him by some earwolf employee and picks from from those edited comments. He may never have seen your David and Goliath part.

4 hours ago, grudlian. said:

While I know Paul reads the board occasionally, I'm sure comments for the episodes are given to him by some earwolf employee and picks from from those edited comments. He may never have seen your David and Goliath part.

I know. That’s what Jam and I were saying above.

I mean, I’ve been posting here long enough. I get how it all works. I’m not angry. I was honestly being (mostly) hyperbolic in my response - lol. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a big deal. If anything, I would say I am...”good naturedly, but passionately, annoyed.” ;) 

Normally, I wouldn’t even address it at all. I only responded this time because this kind of thing is a particular pet peeve of mine. (I once got in an email argument with a radio DJ for taking an out of context quote from Obama and making it seem like he was saying something he clearly wasn’t. His argument to me was that he was providing “entertainment” for his listeners, while I contended - that since most people might not have had the opportunity to see the speech in its entirety - he had a responsibility, based on his platform, to give people the full context and not cherry pick clips to strengthen his point. Interestingly, he eventually invited me on to his show to argue with him on-air. However, since I’m not an idiot and didn’t particularly feel like being ambushed, I politely declined.)

I’m not even saying that my evidence was even all that good. I’m just saying, it’s a big old eye roll to hear, “You didn’t tell me xyz” when I very much did. It doesn’t really even matter why he didn’t read that part. I know it wasn’t done maliciously. That would be fucking ludicrous - lol. My post was in two paragraphs. For brevity’s sake, I’m sure whoever chose it just took the first part, thinking that the second paragraph was redundant. It was just mildly annoying to hear, that’s all. I was merely indulging myself a bit by being a little over the top in my rebuttal. My computer is safe and sound - lol.

Honestly, I’m just touched that Elektra and Jammer even noticed. That made me feel really good 😊

Forum people continue to be the best people.

• Like 4

There is definitely a person who pulls the comments from the message board for Paul. Because they are often truncated and I recall Paul mentioning who it is. But right now I am only thinking Nate Kylie but I feel like he is the researcher and I am wrongfully accusing him. 

It's difficult for me to remain mad when I can’t remember who I should be mad at. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I know. That’s what Jam and I were saying above.

I mean, I’ve been posting here long enough. I get how it all works. I’m not angry. I was honestly being (mostly) hyperbolic in my response - lol. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a big deal. If anything, I would say I am...”good naturedly, but passionately, annoyed.” ;) 

Normally, I wouldn’t even address it at all. I only responded this time because this kind of thing is a particular pet peeve of mine. (I once got in an email argument with a radio DJ for taking an out of context quote from Obama and making it seem like he was saying something he clearly wasn’t. His argument to me was that he was providing “entertainment” for his listeners, while I contended - that since most people might not have had the opportunity to see the speech in its entirety - he had a responsibility, based on his platform, to give people the full context and not cherry pick clips to strengthen his point. Interestingly, he eventually invited me on to his show to argue with him on-air. However, since I’m not an idiot and didn’t particularly feel like being ambushed, I politely declined.)

I’m not even saying that my evidence was even all that good. I’m just saying, it’s a big old eye roll to hear, “You didn’t tell me xyz” when I very much did. It doesn’t really even matter why he didn’t read that part. I know it wasn’t done maliciously. That would be fucking ludicrous - lol. My post was in two paragraphs. For brevity’s sake, I’m sure whoever chose it just took the first part, thinking that the second paragraph was redundant. It was just mildly annoying to hear, that’s all. I was merely indulging myself a bit by being a little over the top in my rebuttal. My computer is safe and sound - lol.

Honestly, I’m just touched that Elektra and Jammer even noticed. That made me feel really good 😊

Forum people continue to be the best people.

My bad. I don't know how I missed JammerLea's.

When Paul read your comment, I thought "someone provided historical examples but I don't remember who. So, I assumed it was a different post that didn't make the cut. Knowing it's the same post though...well, I've got my pitchfork ready.

There is definitely a person who pulls the comments from the message board for Paul. Because they are often truncated and I recall Paul mentioning who it is. But right now I am only thinking Nate Kylie but I feel like he is the researcher and I am wrongfully accusing him. 

It's difficult for me to remain mad when I can’t remember who I should be mad at. 

Nate definitely does research but I don't know if that includes selecting forum comments.

• Like 4

Yeah, it used to be Marissa, but she left soon after the 2nd Howdies. She was super-duper nice.

I don’t want anyone to be mad at anyone. :)  If everyone just shakes their fist at the sky for a moment in mock fury, that will be enough.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

CORRECTION: Natasha Lyonne wasn’t on the Superman III episode, she was on the Superman IV episode.  

(Made me super confused when I saw the hdtgm classics movie nite thread)

• Like 3

Since I know we're all mega comedy fans I wanted to mention the passing of Brody Stevens 😔

Every time I heard him on a podcast he was fucking hilarious and beaming with positivity and everything sucks now that he's gone.

Paul made a very beautiful post about him on his Instagram so I highly recommend checking that out (I still don't know how to properly bring things over to here very well).

Death sucks and I'm sorry that all my favorites lost such a great light in their lives. 😭

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Since I know we're all mega comedy fans I wanted to mention the passing of Brody Stevens 😔

Every time I heard him on a podcast he was fucking hilarious and beaming with positivity and everything sucks now that he's gone.

Paul made a very beautiful post about him on his Instagram so I highly recommend checking that out (I still don't know how to properly bring things over to here very well).

Death sucks and I'm sorry that all my favorites lost such a great light in their lives. 😭

Yeah, I saw that. It’s really sad. He seemed to be really well loved. It’s tragic.

• Like 3

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that it’s Girl Scout Cookie time again. I’ve got a box of Thin Mints (i.e. the perfect cookie) cooling in the fridge right now.

Go out and get some you Cookie Monsters!

d30c71ab557258ed5c231b30fcd9e6ea.gif

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that it’s Girl Scout Cookie time again. I’ve got a box of Thin Mints (i.e. the perfect cookie) cooling in the fridge right now.

Go out and get some you Cookie Monsters!

d30c71ab557258ed5c231b30fcd9e6ea.gif

I know we've talked about this before but as a non-American here is my knowledge of these cookies. There are thin mints which are the most beloved, then you have a Filipino language cookie that has peanut butter, a small pacific island cookie which has coconut and is very controversial over liking and tri-foils which are boring and plain and nobody really likes or cares about.

Am I just bitter and jealous I cannot eat them? Yes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cam Bert said:

I know we've talked about this before but as a non-American here is my knowledge of these cookies. There are thin mints which are the most beloved, then you have a Filipino language cookie that has peanut butter, a small pacific island cookie which has coconut and is very controversial over liking and tri-foils which are boring and plain and nobody really likes or cares about.

Am I just bitter and jealous I cannot eat them? Yes.

I got some Tagalongs too, and I regret to tell everyone, they’re not as good as we remember :( 

Thin Mints are still A-Plus, Number 1, Best Cookies.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I got some Tagalongs too, and I regret to tell everyone, they’re not as good as we remember :( 

Thin Mints are still A-Plus, Number 1, Best Cookies.

I regret to tell you that you're tastebuds are faulty because Tagalongs rule.

But I'm not sure why Girl Scout cookies are such a big thing. The two most popular cookies are Thin Mints and Samoas (aka Caramel DeLites) have analogues you can get year round, cheaper in any grocery store. Keebler, who owns the company who makes Girl Scout cookies, makes Grasshoppers and Coconut Dreams. Outside of actively wanting to support Girl Scouts (which is a great organization), there's no reason to hoard Thin Mints in your freezer.

I'll throw out that Do-Si-Dos are wildly overrated and Trefoils are underrated but just okay.

Didn’t Paul say you could rent Harry and Meghan? I only see it for purchase. It’s only 4.99 so it’s not a huge deal, but, like, do I really want to own - forever - a Lifetime movie about Harry and Meghan?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Didn’t Paul say you could rent Harry and Meghan? I only see it for purchase. It’s only 4.99 so it’s not a huge deal, but, like, do I really want to own - forever - a Lifetime movie about Harry and Meghan?

Yeah, I think he said you could find it on Amazon for 1.99, but I don’t see that option now.

Anyway, I was looking for this movie and the results cracked me up. Go home, Google, you’re drunk.

6FX3Gj0.jpg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Yeah, I think he said you could find it on Amazon for 1.99, but I don’t see that option now.

Anyway, I was looking for this movie and the results cracked me up. Go home, Google, you’re drunk.

6FX3Gj0.jpg

That’s what I thought he said. I even tried Freeform, goddamn it! Freeform!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

That’s what I thought he said. I even tried Freeform, goddamn it! Freeform!

I thought he said it was on Hulu and I was thinking this free month of Hulu is really paying off. It's not on there.

Pen15 is on Hulu though and it's amazing.

• Like 3