🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 207.5 - Minisode 207.5

I'm so confused. I was trying to search JustWatch to see what streaming services have the Harry and Meghan film available, however, all but two of the options for it are linking to a 52 min documentary about them instead. The two that do work are BUY links and that's NOT WHAT I WANT.

But yeah, Paul said that he watched the film on Hulu and thought it was still available. I guess not.

• Like 2

I had a snag sleuthing which of the overwhelming onslaught of Harry and Meghan movies they were referencing. (Harry and Meghan: A Royal Romance) I ended up having to buy it on Amazon, of course I picked HD because, why not? I haven't seen it yet, and already...fuck this movie. 

• Like 3

On 2/23/2019 at 8:14 PM, Cam Bert said:

I know we've talked about this before but as a non-American here is my knowledge of these cookies. There are thin mints which are the most beloved, then you have a Filipino language cookie that has peanut butter, a small pacific island cookie which has coconut and is very controversial over liking and tri-foils which are boring and plain and nobody really likes or cares about.

Am I just bitter and jealous I cannot eat them? Yes.

There is also a very bland toffee flavored gluten free cookie, which I eat because my immune system is stupid and doesn't want me to be happy. I think part of the joy of Girl Scout Cookies, aside from helping girls, is that you order them and you forget about it and then like a month later they show up like magic. Otherwise you could just buy cookies at the store, you know? also, you can eat an entire box of cookies yourself in one sitting and not feel bad about yourself--BECAUSE YOU'RE HELPING YOUNG GIRLS.

Re: the Harry and Meghan thing. I saw this at B&N yesterday.

0889698357203_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

Their eyes are following me.

• Like 5

doh. it said the post didn't go through. but it went through three times.

Edited by Elektra Boogaloo
deleted double post
  • Like 4

I'm really curious to hear the ep this week. Now that I own the movie (and have survived a screening), I feel obligated to have strong feelings about it. I feel kinda meh, though. It would make a much more interesting horror film. Harry seems like a creeper to me, and I'm not sure I trust Kate. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I'm really curious to hear the ep this week. Now that I own the movie (and have survived a screening), I feel obligated to have strong feelings about it. I feel kinda meh, though. It would make a much more interesting horror film. Harry seems like a creeper to me, and I'm not sure I trust Kate. 

I think that’s what makes me most hesitant about buying it. I just don’t think it’s going to be a fun watch. And, from a forum perspective, I think it’s going to be a lot of bad acting and visuals, which aren’t especially easy to comment on here.

It’s further complicated by the fact that it’s a “true story.” Anything weird, continuity or logic-wise, that we’d usually speculate or comment on is going to be easily answered with a quick Google search. (“Did that happen? Oh, it did and here’s the context? Oh, okay. Cool 😐)

Like, I think it’s going to be a fun episode to listen to, because they can get into the visual and acting stuff better than we can, but I suspect the forums are going to be pretty much tumbleweeds next week. Maybe not, but that’s my guess.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I think that’s what makes me most hesitant about buying it. I just don’t think it’s going to be a fun watch. And, from a forum perspective, I think it’s going to be a lot of bad acting and visuals, which aren’t especially easy to comment on here.

It actually wasn't a terrible watch. I got more enjoyment out of it than Dragon Blade. I may or may not have gotten teary-eyed when they kiss on the tarmac. 😉

• Like 2

Me, every time a movie gets chosen that is not available to stream or even rent for relatively cheap:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Me, every time a movie gets chosen that is not available to stream or even rent for relatively cheap:

giphy.gif

I bought it for like $4.00 on Amazon Prime. Unfortunately, it's not even available through a free trial of the Lifetime Movie App. 

7 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I bought it for like $4.00 on Amazon Prime. Unfortunately, it's not even available through a free trial of the Lifetime Movie App. 

$4 isn't terrible like I was imagining but I'm definitely not owning this lol.

Yea to be perfectly honest, I found it on a torrent site. I'm not paying for this one.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Yea to be perfectly honest, I found it on a torrent site. I'm not paying for this one.

So did I, and I still feel ripped off. *rimshot* But if it makes anyone feel better, I do periodically subscribe to the Hallmark channel's portal for their movies.

This one was pretty bad, but not in the ways I expected. It has some weirdly nice moments, like where Camilla and the Queen are supportive. It's one of those films where the actors are solid but they don't have a great (or even good) script to work with. It is also surprisingly sexual, so I am curious to hear Jason and June's reactions especially, assuming June was available. There's also a lot of weird, kind of offensive and also kind of sad stuff about Africa, colonialism, the late Lady Diana Spencer, and Meghan's parents. Her dad comes off as suspiciously reasonable, I'm guessing he was paid to consult on it.

Just to throw in my Canadian two cents (that's about $.015 USD, $.012 Euro) about Girl Scout cookies, as far as I know we only have two varieties up here:

1. the mint ones, which I hate (nothing to do with the cookies themselves - just hate mint in almost all forms), and
  2. the chocolate and vanilla creme filled ones, which are adequate and would probably pair well with an evening of legal cannabis.