🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 61 Preview (Quasar Sniffer’s 4th Pick)

Ok Quasar, you’re going out a youngster. But you’ve got to come back a star!

• Like 2

Ok, if I have the consent of everyone here, I would like to break form a bit and do our collective best to support the film work of one of our intrepid HDTGM hosts. And as the Road Picture is as time-honored a form as the musical in movies, I figured it would be appropriate to make my pick...

F9ojEUj6yZF-S7d3NasOPxQXV_9TgnXeu2mZXErv

If anyone has any objections, then I will definitely make a more appropriate pick. Much appreciated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

Ok, if I have the consent of everyone here, I would like to break form a bit and do our collective best to support the film work of one of our intrepid HDTGM hosts. And as the Road Picture is as time-honored a form as the musical in movies, I figured it would be appropriate to make my pick...

If anyone has any objections, then I will definitely make a more appropriate pick. Much appreciated!

I think the only criteria is if this has a soundtrack people can buy.  If so, game on!  (Just kidding.  It's fine with me.)

• Like 1

I don’t have any particular objections. If we’re going to stray from the mandate, it would certainly be nice if it’s in support our hosts’ other endeavors. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4910073

• Like 4

Cool! I've been meaning to watch it for a while now, and I just felt I would get more out of it if I did so in a communal setting with cool people who also love movies. Thanks for indulging me!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

I could kiss you I'm so excited!

• Like 1

Ugh, so I'm trying to set up a Rabb.it showing for this but I keep getting a "sorry, our shit's not working" message AND I'll be going out of town for the next few days because of Funeral Bullshit, so I apologize to everyone for not being able to help out in that regard. Sorry :(

• Like 1

I will try again when I get back on Friday night. I can do one Saturday night as well, but my start time wouldn't be until about 10 or so for both evenings. Let me know what works best for you folks.

6 hours ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

I will try again when I get back on Friday night. I can do one Saturday night as well, but my start time wouldn't be until about 10 or so for both evenings. Let me know what works best for you folks.

I can try on Friday night if it doesn't work for you.  It will probably have to be an open room unless I can get something besides Rabbit's crap about how to use the groups.  I even sent them a message two weeks ago and they've never responded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I can try on Friday night if it doesn't work for you.  It will probably have to be an open room unless I can get something besides Rabbit's crap about how to use the groups.  I even sent them a message two weeks ago and they've never responded.

Thanks very much. I tried a random Amazon Prime thing again this morning just to see if it would work and it was marginally functional. It took forever to even log in but it eventually worked. I would just hate to be like "yeah, I can host it!" and then have it crap out on me.

When I hosted I Know Who Killed Me, I think it said that they don’t do private rooms anymore. I think you just have your room and  send the link out for that. So, it’s private in the sense that it’s only people you invite, but it doesn’t necessarily prevent people from wandering in. I feel like Rabbit’s gotten real glitchy since they’ve changed everything up, too. I never used to have an issue with lag and now I get it all the time. Still, it’s the best way to do this.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

When I hosted I Know Who Killed Me, I think it said that they don’t do private rooms anymore. I think you just have your room and  send the link out for that. So, it’s private in the sense that it’s only people you invite, but it doesn’t necessarily prevent people from wandering in. I feel like Rabbit’s gotten real glitchy since they’ve changed everything up, too. I never used to have an issue with lag and now I get it all the time. Still, it’s the best way to do this.

I joined Rabbit's Facebook group and am trying to see if anyone has solutions there.  I know you can create a group ahead of time but it's not clear how to invite people after that.  If's like you have to create the group up front with all of your relevant friends in it.  I'll keep you all posted with what I find.

1 hour ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

Thanks very much. I tried a random Amazon Prime thing again this morning just to see if it would work and it was marginally functional. It took forever to even log in but it eventually worked. I would just hate to be like "yeah, I can host it!" and then have it crap out on me.

Before the update I would get messages that they weren't allowing me to share video because there was only one person (me) viewing it.  Once another person arrived in the room they would start the broadcast.  Now I'm not even sure they'll do that.  I know I can open a public room but am not sure about it.

One other alternative might be to create a private group on Facebook and host a Watch Party there.  I will have to look into what that takes.

• Like 1

You have to create "groups" in order to have a completely private room with chosen friends I believe. It is totally weird how they have the whole thing set up now, but there's a spot somewhere (I'm not currently looking at it since I'm at work so I can't describe it better) that says go to groups that will take you to an all white page and then you can start a room there and put whoever you want into that private group. If you do "watch and explore" from the main page then that is public only.

• Like 1

One other alternative might be to create a private group on Facebook and host a Watch Party there.  I will have to look into what that takes.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

giphy.gif

Agreed.  I looked at it and it's only videos available on Facebook.

6 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

You have to create "groups" in order to have a completely private room with chosen friends I believe. It is totally weird how they have the whole thing set up now, but there's a spot somewhere (I'm not currently looking at it since I'm at work so I can't describe it better) that says go to groups that will take you to an all white page and then you can start a room there and put whoever you want into that private group. If you do "watch and explore" from the main page then that is public only.

I've created several groups but haven't found how to put people into it without sending them an invite link.  Also it appears I have to start some video somewhere in order to get a private room open so I can then go to the Chrome extension and start sharing the real video.  I'm on Rabb.it's Facebook page and people have been hollering there for weeks.  It appears Rabb.it rolled out their new update but it's missing lots of things the old system had.  They should have waited until all the features were ready.

4 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I've created several groups but haven't found how to put people into it without sending them an invite link.  Also it appears I have to start some video somewhere in order to get a private room open so I can then go to the Chrome extension and start sharing the real video.  I'm on Rabb.it's Facebook page and people have been hollering there for weeks.  It appears Rabb.it rolled out their new update but it's missing lots of things the old system had.  They should have waited until all the features were ready.

I'm not sure what you mean by "start some video somewhere."

When I get home tonight I'll take some screenshots of what I mean because I have it set up with two of my friends now so we can all stream Jessica Jones together and it's been working pretty seamlessly (besides the noticeable lags that Cameron also pointed out).

1 minute ago, taylorannephoto said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "start some video somewhere."

When I get home tonight I'll take some screenshots of what I mean because I have it set up with two of my friends now so we can all stream Jessica Jones together and it's been working pretty seamlessly (besides the noticeable lags that Cameron also pointed out).

To actually open the room I have to click the "Explore & Watch" button and then pick a video.  There's no "Open Room" button.

1 minute ago, Cinco DeNio said:

To actually open the room I have to click the "Explore & Watch" button and then pick a video.  There's no "Open Room" button.

Yes, but that's basically the same function as "Open Room," which I never had the same issues as you did where it wouldn't let me start something until someone else was there. I was able to do whatever I wanted if that room was opened. And as I mentioned above, if you do that from the front page it is automatically public and always public, but I will screenshot the places I mean where we can get private videos.