🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 17 - Thomas Middleditch and Ben Schwartz

Actors, comedians, and improvisers Thomas Middleditch and Ben Schwartz feel both sizzlin’ and curious about being Conan O’Brien’s friends.

Thomas and Ben sit down with Conan this week to talk about their two-man improvised show (plus Conan’s own improv history), playing off mistakes in the moment, performing at Carnegie Hall, and cross-theatrical integration. Later, Conan responds to a listener voicemail regarding celebrity codenames.

Got a question for Conan? Call our voicemail: (323) 451-2821.

For Conan videos, tour dates and more visit TeamCoco.com.

Just listened to the Middleditch Schwartz podcast.  I love Conan!  He's super smart, so funny and very likable.  His podcasts are always great, (LOVE the travel show too!) and I was looking forward to listening to this one, but omg, imho..  Conan bogarted the whole show!  I know, it's HIS show, but jeesh!  It seemed like Conan talked 80% of the time.  Which is still super entertaining and funny, but maybe let these incredibly funny, talented guests do their thing! 

After writing this, I'm not sure I want to send it.  Does it make a difference?  Will anyone even see this?  Will they be annoyed by it? What's the point?  meh.. send!

First off, I love everything Conan has done, I’ve watched him since the mid 90s and probably enjoyed his writing prior to that. In fact, I think much of my own comedy is modeled after his.  This episode, however was hard to listen to. I agree with the previous assessment that he took over the interview. I think, despite Conan joking about it, he really is uncomfortable with their brand of comedy, quickly saw the interview getting out of hand and took control by doing all the talking, cutting them off, and repeated name dropping. 

Even on CBB I’m not a huge fan of these two because they can be attention whores, but this episode was just a total and fundamental mismatch.

I agree with the two previous comments andlike them have been a huge fan since the beginning.  I feel like he wasn’t himself during this podcast and I can’t figure out why? It was painful to listen to, only because I truly was interested in learning more about his guests but for some reason the climate was about play, or let me tell you my process and stories about stand up vs improv.  If Sona has freedom to help realign Conan this would have been a perfect time for her to say, stop talking about yourself, I’ve learned nothing about these guys, let them talk! :) No worries though, still and will always be a Conan fan. Thanks!  

🙄 This episode was good. I think Conan knows when to goof off and when to be serious and when the guests are freewheelin' improvisers, he'll match that too. Realignment isn't necessary. Keep up the great work on this pod.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this