đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Cameron H.

Episode 209.5 - Minisode 209.5

4 hours ago, MadameLibrarian said:

I just wanted to thank Paul for the library shoutout! I am a librarian and get all of my HDTGM picks through our library system. I'd like to assure anyone hesitant to use their local library that we have seen it all and are generally unphased by any requests.

Even if we get Jack Frost in the summer?

21 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

So many choices!! I also vote for Rockula. That was just... beyond. It seems to so perfectly fit the HDTGM brand! Others, I think, I'd also agree with Ladyhawk. They haven't done Highlander, have they? I don't think I've seen that in their archives.

Also:

Troop Beverly Hills

Space Camp

Center Stage 

Serenity

Good picks! The didn’t do Highlander, but they did do Highlander 2. Check it out if you can! I remember it being really good ;) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Good picks! The didn’t do Highlander, but the did do Highlander 2. Check it out if you can! I remember it being really good ;) 

Yes! That's why I was thinking they did Highlander. I never got around to watching the second and couldn't make it through the first. 

Fun Fact: The Apple is now streaming on Amazon Prime. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Even if we get Jack Frost in the summer?

I always offset borrowing particularly bad movies by getting something good. I have a reputation to uphold.

1 hour ago, grudlian. said:

I always offset borrowing particularly bad movies by getting something good. I have a reputation to uphold.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grudlian. said:

there ya go! another good tactic 

• Like 1

The remake of “13 Ghosts” with Tony Shalhoub is the greatest terrible horror movie ever.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 4:17 PM, Cameron H. said:

Lol - yeah, that’s cool. Here are my first five off the top of my head:

1) The Core

2) Blank Check

3) Live a Little, Love a Little (or some other Elvis movie)

4) Monkeybone

5) Town & Country

Seems like a reasonable list, Cameron.

I would probably go with a "category list"

1) A movie starring the Coreys

2) One of the father-son body switching movies

3) A jingoistic Reagan-era military action film

4) Blank Check

5) North

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joel_rosenbaum said:

Seems like a reasonable list, Cameron.

I would probably go with a "category list"

1) A movie starring the Coreys

2) One of the father-son body switching movies

3) A jingoistic Reagan-era military action film

4) Blank Check

5) North

Dream A Little Dream 2 covers the Coreys and body switching. The first one is old man and child but the second one is way worse.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, joel_rosenbaum said:

A jingoistic Reagan-era military action film

Does The Rescue fit? It’s like reverse Red Dawn. Instead of Russians invading America, it’s a bunch of American teens invading North Korea.

the-rescue-movie-poster-1988-1010561148.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 12:31 PM, Cameron H. said:

Here’s a question we haven’t asked in a long awhile: what are the top five movies you hope HDTGM will cover in the future? I think they’ve done a bunch of mine, so I’ll have to think about it myself...

(Taylor’s not allowed to say Queen of the Damned :P )

Also, how have they not done Red Dawn yet? 

• Like 1

Question: How would everyone feel if we started separate "Spoiler" threads for those of us that are dying to talk about big movies that come out? Cause I know we're all trying to be respectful of those that can't see these movies immediately, but I also know we're all wanting to really discuss some shit.

I was thinking of starting two for both Captain Marvel and Us since these are the most recent to premiere, and I've already seen hints of conversations in the Trailer Talk thread. So I wanted to give everyone a free space that is marked as being okay for spoilers.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Question: How would everyone feel if we started separate "Spoiler" threads for those of us that are dying to talk about big movies that come out? Cause I know we're all trying to be respectful of those that can't see these movies immediately, but I also know we're all wanting to really discuss some shit.

I was thinking of starting two for both Captain Marvel and Us since these are the most recent to premiere, and I've already seen hints of conversations in the Trailer Talk thread. So I wanted to give everyone a free space that is marked as being okay for spoilers.

I think that’s a great idea! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Does The Rescue fit? It’s like reverse Red Dawn. Instead of Russians invading America, it’s a bunch of American teens invading North Korea.the-rescue-movie-poster-1988-1010561148.

Damn right it does.

image.png

(John Milius, patron saint of 80s action garbage)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I think that’s a great idea! 

THIS IS THE ONLY VALIDATION I NEED

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

THIS IS THE ONLY VALIDATION I NEED

giphy.gif

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Does The Rescue fit? It’s like reverse Red Dawn. Instead of Russians invading America, it’s a bunch of American teens invading North Korea.

the-rescue-movie-poster-1988-1010561148.

oh god I had the novelzation of this movie AND Navy SEALS. I read them till they fell apart. Thank you Scholastic Book Club

• Like 4

On 3/26/2019 at 4:33 PM, WatchOutForSnakes said:

So many choices!! I also vote for Rockula. That was just... beyond. It seems to so perfectly fit the HDTGM brand! Others, I think, I'd also agree with Ladyhawk. They haven't done Highlander, have they? I don't think I've seen that in their archives.

Also:

Troop Beverly Hills

Space Camp

Center Stage 

Serenity

I unironically like Center Stage.

Which Serenity???

14 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Which Serenity???

Not the Serenity you’re thinking of I’d wager...

220px-Serenity_(2019_poster).png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

Not the Serenity you’re thinking of I’d wager...

220px-Serenity_(2019_poster).png

I forgot this existed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomspanks said:

Which Serenity???

I have a soft spot for Center Stage, too. But boy howdy they definitely cast dancers and NOT actors. 

Serenity (2019). Matthew McConaughey apparently gives no fucks anymore. 

• Like 3

On 3/26/2019 at 4:33 PM, WatchOutForSnakes said:

Also:

Troop Beverly Hills

Space Camp

Center Stage 

Serenity

Troop Beverly Hills is a THANK GOD this got made film.  7 year old me straight up refused to return to Girl Scouts because it was not enough like TBH. Nary a Fashion show or Freddie dance break to be found. Also we were too young to sell cookies and I was all about getting access to those Thin Mints ( I still am and all my friends children know this. )

• Like 3

21 hours ago, TomPretty said:

The remake of “13 Ghosts” with Tony Shalhoub is the greatest terrible horror movie ever.

You had me at Shalhoub and ghosts

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

Troop Beverly Hills is a THANK GOD this got made film.  7 year old me straight up refused to return to Girl Scouts because it was not enough like TBH. Nary a Fashion show or Freddie dance break to be found. Also we were too young to sell cookies and I was all about getting access to those Thin Mints ( I still am and all my friends children know this. )

This is my favorite Shelly Long movie.  A close second is Don't Tell Her its Me/The Boyfriend School.