🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 62 Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Hey all.  I apologize for putting you through a stinker of a movie.  I wasn't able to contribute much myself this week.  I have decided to let my medical issues win for now.  I am going to take a break from the forums, both main podcast and MM, for a month or so.  By the end of April I will have a much better picture of where I am at health-wise and the steps needed for the road back.  I can't tell you how grateful I am for all of you, especially @Cameron H. for his friendship and advising me in many areas, and @taylorannephoto for challenging me when I needed an adjustment.  I hope to be back at that point.  I have one more pick to make if someone doesn't do it first.  Don't hold back from picking it if you want to do it.  We need to complete the Alan Parker trilogy.

Thanks again all of you.  I am very grateful.

Mark "Cinco" DeNio

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Hey all.  I apologize for putting you through a stinker of a movie.  I wasn't able to contribute much myself this week.  I have decided to let my medical issues win for now.  I am going to take a break from the forums, both main podcast and MM, for a month or so.  By the end of April I will have a much better picture of where I am at health-wise and the steps needed for the road back.  I can't tell you how grateful I am for all of you, especially @Cameron H. for his friendship and advising me in many areas, and @taylorannephoto for challenging me when I needed an adjustment.  I hope to be back at that point.  I have one more pick to make if someone doesn't do it first.  Don't hold back from picking it if you want to do it.  We need to complete the Alan Parker trilogy.

Mark "Cinco" DeNio

I’m sorry to hear your health issues are getting you down. I’ll keep you in my thoughts in prayers that everything works out okay. We’ll be here whenever you feel up to it 🙂

As far as Chitty, I may not have liked it that much, but I’m glad for the opportunity to finally see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, the school year in Japan ends in March and starts in April so I've been a bit too busy to contribute to this film.

As I said the was a book on tape we had my parents would put on for my sister and I when driving to our relatives. I was shocked by how much of this I didn't remember. Pretty much all I remember is the story DvD tells and I thought that was the movie. I had no idea that they weren't a coupes, those weren't her kids, and there is a whole story that does not involve the car in any way shape or form. Maybe it's just childhood memories making me a bit basis here, but if the story was simply a family on their day out and the father tells his kids a story about them and the car before they go home it would make it a lot tighter and better. Also, I thought it was a bit crazy the opening scene is just 10 minutes of car racing to explain how this one car, who is not in two of the three races, got to be in a junk yard. That said I did enjoy a lot of the musical numbers. I forget what a joy DvD is to actually watch and move around.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Mark "Cinco" DeNio

Stay healthy and hurry back!

11 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Mark "Cinco" DeNio

I wish you the best of health, and in everything else. I look forward to you returning, but most of all, I hope all your health difficulties are resolved post-hate! Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Mark "Cinco" DeNio

Yes, health first! The boards are always here. 

I actually enjoyed watching this for once, even with its flaws. Thanks for hosting, and bringing your perspective to it!

• Thanks 1

I can only agree and add on to what everyone else said and that is take care of yourself first and foremost and that you'll be in my thoughts and will be sending good vibes, prayers, whatever you believe in your way. 

Also, don't bring yourself down saying it was a shitty choice, I really enjoyed this as well. I have a lot of affection for CCBB and as I mentioned in our Rabbit stream, I used to use Hushabye Mountain as one of my three go-to audition songs. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2019 at 11:40 AM, Cinco DeNio said:

Mark "Cinco" DeNio

I just wanted to say how much I love having you on here and I'm going to miss you a lot. Please let yourself heal and take all the time you need to take care of yourself! If there's anything I can do to help you get through this let me know. I have been through some shitty health times and I understand how isolating it can be. We will be here for you when you get back!

Also I truly had such a fun time watching this with you.  It was really fun and I actually really liked this movie. You made it all the more enjoyable.

If you ever wanted to get in touch don't hesitate to ask I can get you my email address or something. Is that presumptuous?

• Thanks 1