🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
taylor anne photo

Winchester (2018)

I just saw this turd this past weekend and I'm actually extremely angry that this ended up the way it did. It's a mockery of horror and even Oscar Winner Helen Mirren comes out of this smeared in shit. She's not good y'all.

From my Letterboxd:

In a time where we have horror movies like Get Out, Hereditary, and Us this feels like something that could’ve been an amazing commentary on mental health crumbling under guilt and grief and the gun obsessed culture that started due to the Winchester guns.

Instead we got something straight out of 2005 in terms of both story and graphics, and I’m 100% positive everyone high fived each other when this was created.

I truly want the gang to do this, maybe for Halloween this year, and try and just comprehend wtf everyone was thinking.

Yeah this ended up being a very "meh" horror film. I have taken the tour of the mansion as a kid  and it truly is a sight to see the amount of work that has gone into making that place, and the tour guides give such a better story of what life was like during her building of the place. If you want a better story involving the Winchester house, read the comic House of Pennance by Peter J. Tomasi, as it follows not only the trauma she is suffering, but also some of the workers who were outlaws or deemed miscreants of the dying wild west. And you want to see a great horror film starring Jason Clarke, seriously go see Pet Sematary as it an amazing adaptation with so many more twists than what have been shown in the trailers and the performances of the four leads are fantastic all around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RyanSz said:

If you want a better story involving the Winchester house, read the comic House of Pennance by Peter J. Tomasi, as it follows not only the trauma she is suffering, but also some of the workers who were outlaws or deemed miscreants of the dying wild west.

Totally endorse this. HOUSE OF PENANCE is not only a great, disturbing horror story, but it is also weird as FUCK and an example of incredibly original visual design.

hopen1p5.jpg

hopenn3p4.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

Totally endorse this. HOUSE OF PENANCE is not only a great, disturbing horror story, but it is also weird as FUCK and an example of incredibly original visual design.

hopen1p5.jpg

hopenn3p4.jpg

Yeah I briefly saw it in a comic shop but didn't get it as I was looking for something else, so I had to spend about 30 minutes on Amazon trying to use my scrambled memory to find it, and boy the horrible looking crap I found trying different words along with house were astonishing.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this