🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
OlYeller21

Voice Similarities

First off, I accidently found Earwolf around June and I have to say, it's one of those special accidents you're occasionally blessed with that you never really forget. I love Earwolf for a plethora of reasons.

I generally think I have a pretty good ear for identifying voices and there are not one but two people on Earwolf podcasts that sound like other people (excluding the Sklarbros). Does anyone else hear the similarity? I think about it every time I hear them and try to visualize them speaking. I'm not saying their personalities or anything else are the same, just the sound of the their voice.

#1 - Jason Mantzoukas and T.J. Miller

I'm terrible with names so for months, I thought T.J. Miller (the person, not the name) was on HDTGM. Must be the facial hair.

Jason-Mantzoukas1.preview.JPGOur-Idiot-Brother-Movie-TJ-Miller-300.jpg

#2 - Scott Aukerman and Adam Scott

I thought Hot Saucerman was Adam Scott for almost my entire first Comedy Bang Bang.

Aukerman_Seth.jpgadamscottpartydown.jpg

Am I crazy? Does anyone else hear the similarities? Does anyone else think any other Earwolfers sound like other people?

The two best ones (non earwolf) are Moshe Kasher and Neal Brennan

Just listen to theChamps for proof

I thought Weird Al's laughter in the background of this week's CBB sounded oddly a little like Bert Kreischer's signature laugh at times.

Mantzoukas and Miller definitely talk with a similar intensity, while Aukerman and Adam are both very laid back. I can hear the similarities.

I love this thread... I feel like I have a few examples but I need to think about it more...

will post again when I think of them!

Harris Wittels and Joe Mande off the top of my head, but these hit me all the time...

If I stop listening in the middle of a podcast featuring either TJ Miller or Jason Mantzoukas, and then come back to it later, I end up stopping and looking at who is actually on the show. A HDTGM with TJ Miller as a guest will probably cause a nose bleed.

TJ Miller and Pete Holmez. They've done a few podcasts together and sound very similar. Pete does a great TJ impression.

Also, Sean Cullen and Paul F.

Jason Sklar sounds a lot like that other guy who sometimes co-hosts.

I had a hard time telling the difference between Paul Rudd and Ken Marino.

haha. absolutely. especially during the rap battle

I never quite got a handle on telling apart the men of Professor Blastoff. Especially if one of them is doing a character/voice, then I'm totally sunk.

TJ Miller and Pete Holmez. They've done a few podcasts together and sound very similar. Pete does a great TJ impression.

i agree

I feel like everyone who is good friends with Jimmy Pardo often talks in the same cadence as him

How 'bout Jeff Ullrich and Louis CK? Listen to that legalzoom intro again and picture Louis...

Sign in to follow this