🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 143 — Grammy Spectacular

Can I ask you a question? Are you ready for a star studded tribute to the most important Awards Show of the season? This year Comedy Bang Bang is paying tribute to The Grammys with guests like musical comedy legend "Weird Al" Yankovic, brilliant comedian Todd Glass, and Hollywood starlet Liza Minnelli. Get Grammy predictions from these industry insiders and listen to a thrilling game of Would You Rather? with a conclusion you'll never see coming. Enjoy!

This depiction of Liza Minnelli is exactly what I imagine she's like in real life.

• Like 1

I loved this episode so much. If not for only hearing their thoughts on Fred Stoller walking in the Grove. It seems like in 2012 all podcasts will be putting that segment into their show; just wait for "This American Life: Fred in 3 acts, Failing at Standup, Still living in an apartment, and going to an Apple store". If Kathy Griffin thinks she can win without the CBB bump, she is as delusional as Liza channeling Judy Galrand with her peanut brittle (out of context that sounds like a terrible Dennis Miller joke... let me rephrase that, any Dennis Miller joke).

I'm so glad that this was made in February, because that is only when the best podcasts can be made. If I heard that it was recorded in January, I would have disowned it, and would have hoped Earwolf would have burned all remnants and air/pod waves, then get there grammy nomination taken away- Milli-Vanilli style because their lies would destroy us. But I would hope that CBB would have one show taped during the year of Al-Pocalyse

I'm pretty sure that Scott just misspoke, but Louis CK has never been on the CDR/CBB podcast, has he? I couldn't recall him appearing and can't find any indication here on Earwolf, but I just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss out if he had.

Also, Todd asking "Liza" about Arthur is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. And I'm very old.

I have become a person who laughs out loud and claps his hands when he sees that Weird Al is on CBB this week, before even downloading it. At my desk.

That is who I am now.

• Like 6

I thought Amy Phillips got a little overshadowed last time she was on, but she was really funny in this episode. It'll be great to have more regular female character comics on the show.

Todd Glass and Weird Al are always great on the show as well.

• Like 3

every time Al is on the show, man, it's just a joy. I can't think of a more fun, light hearted, positive guy.

aside from him being a staple of my childhood (and most of yours I'm sure), he just seems like the most genuinely nice guy in the world.

Todd was great too of course. I went and youtubed his standup for a while at work this morning.

and Amy's Liza character was a lot funnier than I expected.

• Like 3

Weird Al and Todd Glass? Not gonna lie I did shriek a little after I downloaded the episode and saw the guests. It did not dissapoint either.

What if Fred was walking around the grove while listening to this podcast?

• Like 2

I couldn't help but feel disappointed by the lack of acknowledgment of the potential collaboration between Mr. Al and Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber. I was lucky enough to be at the taping of the fantastic Alpocalypse tour and did not get to ask him how it was going.

I have become a person who laughs out loud and claps his hands when he sees that Weird Al is on CBB this week, before even downloading it. At my desk.

That is who I am now.

And I am a person who laughs out loud and claps his hands at the mention of Todd Glass on Comedy Bang Bang. If we shared an office, there would be a lot of clapter (the dreaded clapping and laughter combo!).

• Like 1

Thus far, this is the best episode of 2012.

Al and Todd were great as usual. Plus, Amy Phillips had another solid appearance, although I prefer her Jennifer Tilly by a hair. (Probably because I like Tilly more than Minnelli)

• Like 1

every time Al is on the show, man, it's just a joy. I can't think of a more fun, light hearted, positive guy.

aside from him being a staple of my childhood (and most of yours I'm sure), he just seems like the most genuinely nice guy in the world.

Al was literally my introduction to listening to music, back in 1994/5 that's all I listened to, then I'd listen to the radio for hours on end trying to luck out and hear the originals of songs he had parodied.... oh, how life was so much more difficult in the days before MP3s and YouTube...

Amy as Liza was great, it was impossible not to picture the real Liza for the entire episode, so well done! Add Todd Glass to the mix and it's a trifecta of comedy bang bang gold B)

I think Scott accidentally invented a new music genre when he added microphone echo to his jazz vocals: DUBSCAT!!!

Scott, tell Kulap that she and Howard need to start discussing dubscat on "Who Charted".

Sign in to follow this