🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 66 Preview (EvRobert’s 3rd Pick)

I just spoke with Sarah, and she would like to be taken out of the rotation for the time being. Next up is @EternalSammich whom I have just dropped a line. If I don't hear back from her, it will be @EvRobert's turn. Stay tuned...

Hey all!

I think it might be time to do a little Spring Cleaning :) I love Musical Mondays. It’s been something I look forward to every week since we started this thing. That being said, I realize that many of us (including myself) are in a far different place than where we were 2 1/2 (???) years ago. In the past year, more and more people have dropped out. And that’s totally fine. There’s never been a hard rule regarding participation. Everyone has always been welcome and everyone has been free to drop in as they please and life allowed. That being said, it’s been difficult for me to find the time to create these threads (not that I mind) much less track down people when it’s their turn. And that’s not a judgment, at all. I totally get it. Being able to watch movies in this way really is a luxury that not many people have time for anymore. 

So, I guess it’s time to re-evaluate. The obvious question is: do we want to continue or has Musical Mondays run its course? Personally, I would hate for it to end, but if the interest isn’t there, then there’s no reason to continue. If we want to continue, I feel like we should kind of re-sign up. Does that sound fair? That way the people who want to keep going can. 

And, please, everyone is absolutely welcome forever :) (Once in MM, always in MM) I just feel like this will cut down some of the “Who’s week is it?” stuff. And when people have the free time again in the future, they are more than welcome to join back up again. Sound fair?

I am resigning up. Please let me know if you would like to as well.

• Like 3

As a theatre nerd I am into musicals (except most Webber and his imitators) and would be delighted to suggest a thing or two.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theworstbuddhist said:

As a theatre nerd I am into musicals (except most Webber and his imitators) and would be delighted to suggest a thing or two.

Awesome!

I'm still into it! Let us watch movies. TOGETHER. Maybe even ones with an "I Want" song in the first 10-20 minutes!

• Like 2

I'm still down for it. Plus I'm pretty sure my week is coming up soon.

One thing that might help is, if you're making the between week thread, have a list of who the next couple people are to pick. That way it's not sprung on someone who isn't ready or they can bow out if they are busy that week.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

One thing that might help is, if you're making the between week thread, have a list of who the next couple people are to pick. That way it's not sprung on someone who isn't ready or they can bow out if they are busy that week.

That's a good point. I'll try to remember to do that, but I can't promise anything. Some Mondays I'm scrambling myself just to create the thread without looking up the order.

nvm - I suppose I'm looking up the order when I'm creating the thread. I can make that work. (Guys, I'm really tired - lol)

• Like 2

I just spoke to JammerLea and she's still in :) 

• Like 2

First off, a big thank you to Cameron for most weeks kicking off the threads and a big thank you to the rest of you for jumping in to do so when need be.

Second, thank you all that have watched and participated past and present. There are lots of movie I probably would have never watched if not for this. So good or bad thanks everyone for expanding my movie-verse.

Like you said people come and go and life gets in the way at times, I know I've been there, but I really enjoy this and more than happy to continue with whomever wants to stick around and participate as well. For some of us we're coming up on our 5th picks, so maybe a change every now and again could be nice. I know a lot of like documentaries, so maybe we could have a round of docs at some point. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

GIF-RDR-1101-WPP-Vanjie-08.gif

• Like 4

Hey hey hey, sorry busy day yesterday and I didn't get the chance to check on this board after the AM. If it's still my pick I can make the pick I have a couple in mind

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EvRobert said:

Hey hey hey, sorry busy day yesterday and I didn't get the chance to check on this board after the AM. If it's still my pick I can make the pick I have a couple in mind

Yeah, you can pick! You weren’t actually scheduled for another month, so no worries :) 

COOL COOL COOL

I'll have a pick up shortly, I just want to make sure that it's streaming

• Like 1

So I've been debating on a couple of film and have watched several over the past couple of months because I knew I had a pick coming up. I wanted one that would fit the whole How Did This Get Made question, one that would be easily available to stream, and one that at least one participant was currently in the news.

So, as much as I wanted to do a Hope/Crosby "Road To..." movie it didn't fit my self imposed parameters nor did the Hugh Jackman Live On Stage version of Oklahoma!

So with that in mind, I give you a film that makes you go "huh?" I hope. It features an Oscar winner, a Grammy winners, a Christian rapper, a Billboard #1 artist, an Emmy winner, a Golden girl, and a guy who performed with Bob Dylan

91VuhFAPXIL._SY445_.jpg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, EvRobert said:

So I've been debating on a couple of film and have watched several over the past couple of months because I knew I had a pick coming up. I wanted one that would fit the whole How Did This Get Made question, one that would be easily available to stream, and one that at least one participant was currently in the news.

So, as much as I wanted to do a Hope/Crosby "Road To..." movie it didn't fit my self imposed parameters nor did the Hugh Jackman Live On Stage version of Oklahoma!

So with that in mind, I give you a film that makes you go "huh?" I hope. It features an Oscar winner, a Grammy winners, a Christian rapper, a Billboard #1 artist, an Emmy winner, a Golden girl, and a guy who performed with Bob Dylan

Hide contents

91VuhFAPXIL._SY445_.jpg

Very cool! I’m looking forward to it!

• Like 1

I feel bad I derailed things a bit! I'll try to pop in when I can, I love when I get the chance to participate. I just honestly am so brain dead after work lately (which is a huge difference from my last job where I was literally watching movies during work hours). Miss hanging out here with you guys ❤️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SaraK said:

I feel bad I derailed things a bit! I'll try to pop in when I can, I love when I get the chance to participate. I just honestly am so brain dead after work lately (which is a huge difference from my last job where I was literally watching movies during work hours). Miss hanging out here with you guys ❤️

Sara nooo! If anyone started the derailing it was me over Christmas cause I think we've all been trying to get back on track since then lol.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Hey all!

I think it might be time to do a little Spring Cleaning :) I love Musical Mondays. It’s been something I look forward to every week since we started this thing. That being said, I realize that many of us (including myself) are in a far different place than where we were 2 1/2 (???) years ago. In the past year, more and more people have dropped out. And that’s totally fine. There’s never been a hard rule regarding participation. Everyone has always been welcome and everyone has been free to drop in as they please and life allowed. That being said, it’s been difficult for me to find the time to create these threads (not that I mind) much less track down people when it’s their turn. And that’s not a judgment, at all. I totally get it. Being able to watch movies in this way really is a luxury that not many people have time for anymore. 

So, I guess it’s time to re-evaluate. The obvious question is: do we want to continue or has Musical Mondays run its course? Personally, I would hate for it to end, but if the interest isn’t there, then there’s no reason to continue. If we want to continue, I feel like we should kind of re-sign up. Does that sound fair? That way the people who want to keep going can. 

And, please, everyone is absolutely welcome forever :) (Once in MM, always in MM) I just feel like this will cut down some of the “Who’s week is it?” stuff. And when people have the free time again in the future, they are more than welcome to join back up again. Sound fair?

I'm still in! I know we talked about possibly opening the theme to let in other movies as well. Is that something you still want to do?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

I'm still in! I know we talked about possibly opening the theme to let in other movies as well. Is that something you still want to do?

That’s fine with me 😀

• Like 3

Other non-musical movies would be welcome, but I do like having some sort of 'limits' on it, so it's not just 'here's a movie'.

Cam Bert's idea of doing a round of different genres might be interesting.

• Like 5

Hey guys! 

Sorry I've been so MIA lately and didn't even participate in my last pick lol. Work has been a bit hectic,  but I'll try to pop in when I can.  If you're making a new sign up list then maybe don't have me on there, until I'm able to participate more and then I'll ask to be added in the rotation.

I do miss you guys! Sorry I suck, lol.

• Like 5