🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Shameless Self-Promotion

Listening to the second half of the Magnum pilot episode now and I am here to tell you, unlike the Hawaii 5-0 reboot, the new Magnum is really, really good. I would have liked to see them go with the original plan of having Magnum's daughter Lily be the protagonist, but as a fan of the original I appreciate how they have updated the show and how often they find ways to do fun callbacks to the old one. Since there are far more episodes of MSW than Magnum, my hope is that you will roll on into the new series when you run out of old ones.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, theworstbuddhist said:

Listening to the second half of the Magnum pilot episode now and I am here to tell you, unlike the Hawaii 5-0 reboot, the new Magnum is really, really good. I would have liked to see them go with the original plan of having Magnum's daughter Lily be the protagonist, but as a fan of the original I appreciate how they have updated the show and how often they find ways to do fun callbacks to the old one. Since there are far more episodes of MSW than Magnum, my hope is that you will roll on into the new series when you run out of old ones.

I will say this: we have a Special Edition dropping tomorrow that might leave an opening for this ;) 

Thanks for listening 😃

• Like 2

So my wife has been rewatching MSW since the summer and we are now in season 6. I am way behind on your podcast, I'm sorry if you have already discussed this extensively, but I wonder: does it ever seem to you like every episode of MSW is a backdoor pilot for some other show?

Hey, we appreciate that anyone listens at all. We actually touched on that a bit on (I think) the last Murder, She Wrote ep. The tone of that episode, Broadway Malady, felt really off and we wondered if it was originally written for another show (I guessed maybe Cagny and Lacey) and if maybe they tried to retrofit it to MSW. I have nothing to base that on. It just felt that way.

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted everyone to know that our former podcast, "Magnum, She Wrote," has evolved into a new beast called "Piloting the Pilots." Basically, my wife, Erin, and I watch the first episode of any television show ever made in any genre, and we decide whether it is worth watching based on that first episode alone. No more of this "You have to watch three episodes before it gets good" nonsense--lol. Our first episode under this new format is for The Witcher with Picard coming next week. (Also, every fourth episode will be a review of a Casper Van Dien movie just...because?)

No pressure, but if it sounds like something you might be interested in, you can listen on iTunes, Stitcher, and Soundcloud.

Sorry to be a shill. Thanks!

(I will also make sure the theme music is a bit louder on the second ep :) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

I like this idea A LOT @Cameron H., and even though I have watched all of The Witcher and decided I LOVE IT, I will be sure to give this a listen!

Thank you for listening @Quasar Sniffer! I hope you enjoy the episode. We have a bunch of cool shows coming up. If you want to rebut anything we say, you can Tweet/email us. We record on Saturdays, so if we get your response before then, we'll try to incorporate it into the show. Twitter--@pilotpilots Email--pilotingthepilots@gmail.com. You can also respond here.

• Like 1

If, perchance, you are not enthusiastic about paying $20 to watch Vin Diesel win fights with CGI, and you are hankering for movie-based podcast content (I know there's a VERY REAL shortage of that, amirite?), might I suggest... listening to ME talk about one of my favorite movies? It might ease your sports withdrawal as well!

A nerd and a Welshman talk about baseball movies....

https://www.film89.co.uk/the-film-89-podcast-episode-45-field-of-dreams-1989/6CB4EDC9-D980-44C0-A714-F2D7571A3765.jpe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

If, perchance, you are not enthusiastic about paying $20 to watch Vin Diesel win fights with CGI, and you are hankering for movie-based podcast content (I know there's a VERY REAL shortage of that, amirite?), might I suggest... listening to ME talk about one of my favorite movies? It might ease your sports withdrawal as well!

A nerd and a Welshman talk about baseball movies....

https://www.film89.co.uk/the-film-89-podcast-episode-45-field-of-dreams-1989/6CB4EDC9-D980-44C0-A714-F2D7571A3765.jpe

I saw you mention this on Twitter! I’m definitely going to be listening ⚾

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 6:31 AM, Cameron H. said:

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted everyone to know that our former podcast, "Magnum, She Wrote," has evolved into a new beast called "Piloting the Pilots." Basically, my wife, Erin, and I watch the first episode of any television show ever made in any genre, and we decide whether it is worth watching based on that first episode alone. No more of this "You have to watch three episodes before it gets good" nonsense--lol. Our first episode under this new format is for The Witcher with Picard coming next week. (Also, every fourth episode will be a review of a Casper Van Dien movie just...because?)

No pressure, but if it sounds like something you might be interested in, you can listen on iTunes, Stitcher, and Soundcloud.

Sorry to be a shill. Thanks!

(I will also make sure the theme music is a bit louder on the second ep :) 

Cool idea! I’ll check it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I saw you mention this on Twitter! I’m definitely going to be listening ⚾

Thanks so much Cameron! I hope you enjoy it!

• Like 1