🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 63 — P. F. Toddler

Methinks it's time to have Paul F. Tompkins back on Who Charted?! That's just what we did this week as the artist previously known as Suit McGoo jams with Kulap and Howard over Billboard Digital Downloads, Movies, and Chart Piñata.  Where are Kelly Clarkson's fans coming from? Who is the evilest Denzel Washington character? How do you play a chart game with a four-time guest? The answers to these questions and more await you on Who Charted?!

I love that the PFT episodes always run a little longer than most. Suit Magoo is a great customer!

• Like 3

Seeing PFT on my Who Charted? fownload just saved my entire week. Thank you Earwolf and thank you wie-wie and ku-ku for all the joy you bring to my life.

Pre-listening thoughts. 1) PFT, awesome. 2) I am intrigued by the 'Preschool Diploma' pic 3) While being super jealous at the same time that apparently is is warm enough in LA for shorts.

Luis Guzman and P.F. Toddler need a sitcom together.

You can set your watch by that haircut of Howard's!

And then you can glue that watch to your hat!

Another thing about Shakespeare that irritates me is how impressed people are with the fact that he invented the word "bedroom." Like he busted his brain thinking of that one.

CHIK FIL A is OBVIOUSLY misspelled and is trying to make ILLITERACY somehow CHARMING! Please do NOT eat their CHICKEN!

When Kulap says "no edits" in a badass voice at the end, I picture her staring and pointing at Engineer Dustin, and him jumping in his chair a little.

• Like 2

I think PFT should be cast in the movie adaptation of Neverwhere as Mr. Croup. He wears suits, he is eloquent, he obviously carries knives around with him at all times... They are making that movie, right? I think this is totally a thing. Who's doing the casting? Anybody know?

My memory, plus statistics (also known as Box Office Mojo), absolutely confirm what Howard says. A quick rip through the month of February, 1982, shows a total of five movies were released in that month. In the first two weeks of February, 2012, there were seven movies that opened in over 1,000 theaters. No doubt there are way more movies opening wide every week now than there were 20 years ago. Score one for the Wie-Wie!

• Like 1

Thank you thank you thank you for having Paul F Tompkins on the podcast again, my day (which has been shit) is now much better. Cheers !

Steampunk is indeed Murrican in origin...hell, even before the fiction (is books), there was THE WILD WILD WEST...and then folks such as Howard Waldrop started writing stories about the television industry in the 1850s...and then the really bored Etsy guys started, in Maria Bamford's words, to take a typewriter and make a heavier typewriter...

When Kulap says "no edits" in a badass voice at the end, I picture her staring and pointing at Engineer Dustin, and him jumping in his chair a little.

Accurate.

• Like 7

Only 6 minutes in and Paul F. Tompkins has mentioned Philip Glass, this is shaping up to be one of the best Who Charted's ever. I also get so damn inspired when Kulap introduces the guests.

Another sterling performance by P.F. Toddler

It's so damn endearing that he listens to podcasts and notably CBB and Who Charted - it's like he's one of us except I imagine him picking out a special suit to listen to it, when I listen to it first thing in the morning staggering around making breakfast

• Like 1

New Who Charted + Paul F. Tompkins + Of Monsters and Man intro = My boy buttered pants

Which song of theirs is it? I dig

Which song of theirs is it? I dig

Little Talks

Here is a video of them playing it on KEXP, pretty amazing

Sign in to follow this