🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

From IMDB: The Nazis set up a secret base on the dark side of the moon in 1945 where they hide out and plan to return to power in 2018.

So many things here that make it worthy. A Sarah Palin esque woman is the president, there is white face, and of course, Nazies on the moon.

On Netflix so it's easy to view.

Here is the opening bit of the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX2cS8wvQHI

Seriously this movie is fucking horrible. I can't believe I watched the whole thing, but its perfect for HDTGM.

Its also on netflix instant!

edit: I searched and didn't find anything, thanks to who/whatever combined these for me!

Created an account just to support this suggestion. It's so amazingly bad in all the greatest ways. Neither of those clips show my favorite aspect of the movie; the full on whiteface or reverse blackface, which is rivaled only by White Chicks .

The visual effects are fairly decent - i liked the look and feel. Acting and directing were fairly good and I liked the pace and nothing came off as bad.

Of course the premise is ridiculous. But the only problem - as far as an HDTGM episode - its deliberately ridiculous and silly. It's meant to be a hilarious goof.

This is different from 'Birdemic' where the director sincerely felt these birds would be terrifying and genuinely believed coat hangers would be a real choice inside the world of Bird attacks.

If you see what I mean.

But yeah.. actually surprised how fun and entertaining Iron Sky is.

• Like 1

Crank was intentionally over the top and ridiculous, as was Bad Ass. I don't think being unintentionally amusing is a prerequisite for a HDTGM episode, just a bonus. Also the fact that it is so over the top but still had admittedly respectable visual effects makes it more of a HDTGM candidate.

There's definitely a fine line that's sometimes hard to define when it comes to movies that are ridiculous but amazing and movies that are just ridiculous. I wouldn't be too keen on this one, as it falls in the latter category for me. It's like a Syfy movie. No one made this thinking it would be taken seriously. It has a sense of humor about itself but the jokes don't land.

• Like 1

I tried to watch this movie but I never made it all the way to the end. i love Udo Kier films but this one is just too much to take and I've watched Blood for Dracula.

• Like 1

Nazis on the moon, Sarah Palin-esque president and the fate of earth in one man's hands!! The perfect mix for a horrible movie. Check it out on Netflix

Dude, there's already a topic on this movie ON THE FRONT PAGE

Just throwing this out there - the actor Christopher Kirby did a good solid job IMO and might be a breakout comedy/action star given a few more good roles: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0456130/

But i bet he regrets being a ridiculous Lucas-contrived ethnic galactic senator in that Star Wars Prequel:

$(KGrHqN,!oME8Vb!EgeUBPNNC,t4d!~~60_35.JPG

I dunno.. I'm still calling this a good fun B-movie. But I also loved 'Mars Attacks' which many seem to hate so.. there ya go

Mars Attacks was both an homage and a parody of b-movies, so I enjoyed it for what it was.

50 years in the future danger lurks on the dark side of the moon. Aliens? Nope. Nazis from the 40's? Yup.

The Nazis are pissed about losing the war so they bounce to the moon without anybody noticing. In that time, they manage to not only build a fleet of space zeppelins, but turn the moon into their own Nazi Deathstar.

In present day, a black astronaut is sent to the moon by President "Not Sarah Palin" in order to gain votes in the next election because sending a black man to the moon "would be cool". Well, once he's there he gets captured by Nazis who simply wear gas masks in space, which is actually unnecessary when it's later revealed that space is composed of oxygen....So anyway, after he gets captured, they inject him with a substance that turns him into michael jackson so that he can get them close to the president so that they can take over the world?

I wouldn't want to give away any more crucial spoilers but here's the film summed up in one line:

"So you're a former dead black model who after a weekend on the moon, returned to Earth as a white hobo?"

It's on Netflix instant. Watch it. Do it.

Udo Kier is the only actor that I can think of that has made a career out of being in really good and really bad movies at the same time. Usually actors either start off in bit parts in bad movies and work their way up or after their career fizzles out they can only get roles in really bad movies. Kier somehow seems to be able to do both, he's somehow a regular in both Lars Von Trier and Uwe Boll movies.

I honestly do and this didn't come up for me. I've also scanned the first 30 pages of suggestions, which is why I recently bumped so many threads.

No worries, the search system is kinda wonky for anything with less than 4 letters. I usually try searching by word (like 'iron' in this case).

Udo Kier is the only actor that I can think of that has made a career out of being in really good and really bad movies at the same time.

Klaus Kinski? Luckily Kinski died before his career was mostly bad movies, but Kier hasn't made anything "good" in a long while, has he? I mean, he's definitely a type, he's never going to get cast for a romantic lead.

I'd say Udo Kier makes roughly 10 bad movies for every good movie. The last thing I remember liking him in was Shadow of the Vampire. Lars von Trier seems to use him pretty often, so if you love misery cinema those might do something for you.

I think Udo Kier got his agent on autopilot. as long as the checks clear the bank he's all in. I bet he does birthday party's and dinner theater some place too. Man wouldn't' that be a crazy night seeing Udo Kier do dinner theater.

I'd say the number is probably more like 5 crappy films to 1 good one (or legit one), but I think that it takes a lot less time to make a crappy film than a good one. He is the quintessential German guy, so he will always have a role when a story calls for "a German guy."

I like Von Trier. His films aren't always good, but when they are they're great. I also enjoyed My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done? quite a bit, but then again I am kinda gay for Herzog.

Oh how the kids must love Odo Kier's balloon animals!

Dammit, that's exactly what I thought when I'd read the kid's birthday party thing, but you jumped on it pretty quickly!