🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 215.5 - Minisode 215.5

Ketchup and mayo is "Russian dressing"

Ketchup, mayo, and relish is "Thousand island" also known as In n' Out burger sauce, which is delicious.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2019 at 3:36 PM, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I am excited for SERENITY. I feel a little responsible since I suggested it in the bad movie recommendation threads. I'll be curious to see what people who have never heard anything about it think is going on. I, unfortunately, only saw it after reading about it. So I was spoiled. IF anyone went in cold, I want to hear your thoughts.

I went in cold other than know there was some kind of twist, though iTunes blurb and the first few minutes make it pretty clear. My first instinct was that this was more of a What Dreams May Come scenario than a Jacob's Ladder scenario, but it wasn't until they kept on doing those weird camera pans that I figured out what was really going on. 

This one reminded me a lot of The Secret, in that there were a few different directions that it could have gone that would have resulted in a genuinely good movie, but the director decided to do all of them at once and ended up with such a farrago that they didn't even bother finishing the CGI. Like, this would have been (or been at least derivative of) a perfectly good Black Mirror episode if the game was a way for the son to essentially ask his dead dad for advice on whether or not to commit a murder, by making a realistic simulation and seeing what he'd do in a similar scenario. But the son seems to have already made up his mind, and is pulling all of the strings in the game rather than letting them play out on their own? I was genuinely confused as to what that dynamic was supposed to be.  

Either way, I genuinely enjoyed the tropey video game stuff once they started leaning into it, to the point where it would probably have also worked better as a Spike-Jonze-dark comedy if they had fully gone in that direction.

It also reminded of The Secret because of the heavy parent-child sex themes?! Whatever the purpose of the simulation, the kid has essentially created a very realistic deepfake of his parents having passionate sex on a boat. Like, he's coded it so his dad can't run a red light, but he can have sex with an NPC for money?

This was a wild one. Can't wait for the episode.  

• Like 1

I got my mom to watch Serenity with me as her first HDTGM flick.   I thought the stars would make it slightly more palatable for a newbie.   I was wrong.   

I’m not sure if the writer/director has even seen a video game.  It makes Gamer look like that one has encyclopedic knowledge of gaming.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:17 PM, Cameron H. said:

Also, Ranch is fucking disgusting.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

RegalPortlyHamadryad-max-1mb.gif

So what's your jam? Don't tell me it's Blue Cheese?!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PollyDarton said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

RegalPortlyHamadryad-max-1mb.gif

So what's your jam? Don't tell me it's Blue Cheese?!

What are we talking here? Salad or Wings? With salad, I’m usually going with with a vinaigrette or Caesar. Wings: Blue Cheese all the way. Ranch is for people with broken tastebuds.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Ranch is for people with broken tastebuds.

Yeah... that's honestly fair.

Also me:

OrnateHilariousDowitcher-size_restricted

• Like 5

15 hours ago, joel_rosenbaum said:

Ketchup and mayo is "Russian dressing"

Also “fry” sauce used for burgers and French fries

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

What are we talking here? Salad or Wings? With salad, I’m usually going with with a vinaigrette or Caesar. Wings: Blue Cheese all the way. Ranch is for people with broken tastebuds.

Wait, you can eat buffalo wings with ranch? I’ll have to try this......

• Like 2

Just remember when watching this movie: 

Academy Award Winner: Anne Hathaway

Academy Award Winner: Matthew McConaughey

Academy Award Nominee: Diane Lane

Academy Award Nominee: Djimon Hounsou

And for what it's worth: 

SAG Nominees: Jason Clarke and Jeremy Strong

• Like 4

On 6/20/2019 at 12:26 PM, tomspanks said:

Wait, you can eat buffalo wings with ranch? I’ll have to try this......

You can if you want but why would you? Blue cheese all day every day. Wings it's a must. Salad not a must but a good blue cheese dressing or the real deal crumbled in. Give me blue cheese all the time!*

560.jpg

*Cam Bert is well known to have very unpopular tastes in food.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

You can if you want but why would you? Blue cheese all day every day. Wings it's a must. Salad not a must but a good blue cheese dressing or the real deal crumbled in. Give me blue cheese all the time!*

560.jpg

These are the truest words ever spoken. Oh, and if you want to crumble some of that sweet, sweet BC on a burger, I won’t say “no”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

These are the truest words ever spoken. Oh, and if you want to crumble some of that sweet, sweet BC on a burger, I won’t say “no”

Or stuff that burger with some! 

image.gif

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

image.gif

Stuff! That! BURRRRRGER!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

image.gif

But that’s raclette noob

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

560.jpg

I literally had to spit my coffee out with this one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomspanks said:

But that’s raclette noob

Typical Ranch-ist attitude

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, PollyDarton said:

AG3xSaU.jpg

What about the third type who likes both? Asking for a friend 👀

• Like 2

Okay, how about we find some middle ground like this?

412MEJM56TL.AA500_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

What about the third type who likes both? Asking for a friend 👀

No! Pick a side! :D

• Like 5

So then, what do you guys dip your raw veggies in? Because you don't have to say ranch, but if you say bleu cheese, I'm having you all committed.

• Like 6