🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Henry

Trapped in the Closet

I still can't figure out if it's supposed to be a joke or not

YES. This has to be done. From the melodramatic music, to the horribly-shot driving scenes, to the midget* stripper who's "blessed," to R. Kelly's multiple roles...

* "Midget" is a derogatory term, but if R. Kelly's going to use the term, well, I kinda have to.

Yessss, when i saw this on tv i was mesemerized. It was so rediculously bad in a good way i couldnt stop watching it. I also really had no idea if it was suposed to be taken seriously or not until i saw this scene.

I haven't watched the new chapters yet, but what I love about "Trapped in the Closet" is how transparently obvious it is that R. Kelly is making everything up as he goes along. The first 12 chapters are about various people sleeping around with each other, then the next ten chapters are dedicated mostly to the sometimes-narrator character's shady dealings with criminals, with a few new characters being introduced (most of whom don't make a dent in the plot–looking at you, Pimp Lucius) and "the package" being mentioned. And from what I've heard, the new chapters mainly revolve around characters getting mysterious phone calls. I guess that's what happens when you write sections anywhere from two to five years apart.

Also, according to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, "the package" is supposed to refer to AIDS. Which means that R. Kelly has introduced a serious, potentially life-threatening disease as a plot point in a story where, early on, a midget craps his pants.

R. Kelly!! Trapped In The Closet!! Seven years in the making!! 33 chapters in all!! Not a traditional/typical "movie" in any sense but VERY worthy of consideration for future alternative episodes of HDTGM.

• Like 2

YES! i came on to recommend this movie myself. My roommate and i stumbled upon this the other day, fucking genius! Unintentional? most likely, which is right up hdtgm's ally.

Hey guys,

I know this is a little different from the normal suggestions, I know in my heart of hearts that this is at least worth looking into. I think that the next selection for review should in the song turned Broadway production 'R.Kelly's Trapped in the Closet' We should look at specifically Chapters 1-22 because they are considered to be a full length movie when juxtaposed. From the production, to the plot, to the way he creates these weird rules that he only follows throughout certain parts of the musical and completely disregards throughout the rest, this tale of infidelity is so wacked out and my life needs the answers that only the HDTGM cast can provide. Please don't let me die before helping me solve one of lifes great riddles... How Did This Get Made?

Sign in to follow this