🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 145 — A Family Affair

We all love David Wain, but do we really KNOW David Wain? This week's Comedy Bang Bang is the only place on the internet to get in-depth info about Wain's personal life with the added perspective of his father and four-year-old son. I think we all already know plenty about Gary Busey's personal life, but regardless, he is here to speak about his exotic bird collection and recent economic hardships, among other things. Plus David is breaking out the tunes both on his keyboard and in a freestyle rap battle. This is the type of episode you'll want to pass down to your own children and grandchildren!

• Like 1

Just Dad day at our studio. You are in the clear.

But I'd quick run to Wal-Mart and get your President a card.

• Like 6

Ain't no party like a Gary Busey party because a Gary Busey party features a large group of exotic birds who will peck a child's eyes out.

• Like 7

David's father laughing at Gary Busey's jokes made me laugh even harder.

• Like 2

Weird day, on my walk to university I got bitten by a dog, and then a minute later hear my catchphrase submission and name said on the show.

• Like 4

Good work, Wikipedians!

2qdq5n7.jpg

Thanks for bringing my attention to that, Rachel. Just posted it on the Earwolf blog!

Thanks for bringing my attention to that, Rachel. Just posted it on the Earwolf blog!

Sweet! I wanted to cap it before someone reverted it, like the shameful person who removed Bob Ducca from the "Notable Residents" section of the Castaic, CA wiki page.

• Like 1

Maria Bramford hasn't been on CBB in too long, not that there is anything wrong with David Wind and Jerry Busey.

• Like 1

Ugh, this director is by far the worst charcter in Paul Scheer's comedy arsenal. And why even bother having people like Nick Kroll on if he isn't going to bring any energy to his baby charcter. The one bright spot is to know that CBB can still pull big stars like Gary Busey.

• Like 6

Gary Busey and his acronyms were hilarious. There is so much mystery and intrigue surrounding him, like, who is the man in the half-attic?!

On Friday morning I'll be at the opening show of Wanderlust!

• Like 1

I am so glad that James Adomian is back. I just need a Huell Howser fix bad!! Because of James' perfection of Huell's voice I have been kicked out of a college class and I miss those amazing freak outs!! J.A. and P.F.T. both need to be around more often.

I was worried that Wain's father and son would be a possible distraction, but that was definitely not the case. Adomian really rolled with it when Henry made a few distractions, and hearing Wain's father laugh at the material was great.

Also, it was great to have a classic character like Busey back -- what a pleasant surprise that Gov. Ventura and Huel Howser are part of the Enigma Force.

This must be a new record for youngest CBB guest ever! Finally beating... I guess Michael Cera?

• Like 1

I'd guess Charlyne Yi. (If Marissa Wompler doesn't count, of course)

Wait, no. Charlyne was born in '86, and Cera was born in '88. I briefly forgot how ages work.

Am I the only person who thought Wain's dad was Adomian's character at first? I skipped the description because I wanted to be surprised by what character he was doing.

• Like 1

It's Family Day here in Canada so I presume that this family loaded episodes was a special tribute to us Canadians.

• Like 1

Scottabot/The Choctaw, I wanna pitch an idea for LegalZoom.com commercial, as I think they sometimes lack flair compared to the rest of the show.

Here's the scene: Friend of CBB Patton Oswalt has decided to become an inventor, and logically needs to patent these new ideas. He then gets to into patenting new ideas that he decided to legally change his name to Patent Oswalt. Luckily he can do all of those things at LegalZoom.com.

• Like 3

I'd been hoping to see Adomian get a crack at the freestyle rap battle since the segment debuted, and he did not disappoint. Busey's got some mad flow, and the way he integrated his acronyms into it was a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

I see David Wain's son 20 years from now talking about this scarring and confusing experience to his therapist.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this