🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 216.5 - Minisode 216.5

How to tell your kids to get out of the bed, what Baker Dill actually means and more on this week’s mini-sode! Paul opens up the Explanation Hope Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for Serenity, opens up the Mail Bag, and gives his Pick of the Week. Plus, find out which movie we will be watching next week!

I saw Jaws 3-D in the theater when I was 7. It was a fun experience (3-D movies were a rare novelty in '83) but a lackluster movie. Haven't seen it since. I can't imagine how bad it is NOT in 3-D. Can't wait to get re-acquainted. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crummy Scrimmage said:

I saw Jaws 3-D in the theater when I was 7. It was a fun experience (3-D movies were a rare novelty in '83) but a lackluster movie. Haven't seen it since. I can't imagine how bad it is NOT in 3-D. Can't wait to get re-acquainted. 

It is so so bad. I rewatched all of the Jaws films last year for some reason and Jaws 3 is a classic SCTV Dr. Tongue's House of Beef kind of movie.

• Like 2

I just want to say, one or both of my boys sneak into my bed almost every night (usually around 2:30 AM). I feel that caller’s pain. I have woken up screaming the last two nights in a row. Literally screaming. Last night to my eldest son staring at me creepily in the dark, and the night before when my three year old ran in like he was goddamn Chucky or something.

I also 100% agree with Paul, anytime after 6AM is fine. Before that though is rough. I’ve actually gotten out of bed to sleep in their car beds a few times. #parentinglife

• Like 3

Sweet made it to the mini! Also got to see this live in Austin. I ended up liking the movie the second time around. A lot of the cringe dialog made more sense knowing a child wrote it haha

• Like 3

Yeah, bread shark!

For those with a cable subscription, right now all the Jaws movies are free on demand with STARZEncore.

• Like 2

For those that have the equipment and want to watch this in all it's glory. The Jaws 3 BluRay has the 3D version as a special feature.

Jaws 3D.jpg

• Like 1

I remember when NBC premiered Manimal a few months after this movie, I was like, "Hey, it's that guy from Jaws 3". (It was a short-lived reference; now -- and forever more -- when I reference Simon MacCorkindale, I say, "that guy from Manimal.") 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2019 at 5:01 PM, jeffsomething said:

For those that have the equipment and want to watch this in all it's glory. The Jaws 3 BluRay has the 3D version as a special feature.

Jaws 3D.jpg

It's on Netflix here in Canada (the regular version, not "3D") so last night I got high and started watching it with my red/blue 3D glasses from the DVD of My Bloody Valentine 3D. It still works pretty well, insofar as anything in the film does.

What breaks my heart a little bit about this movie is that the great Richard Matheson devoted even a minute of his time to the screenplay. But, that is how he rolled.

Was in LA for a work conference this weekend. Got a Jason Statham tour of LA. Saw Rock and Brews in LAX, all the important sights.

• Like 4