🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
mattyzooks

Good Burger (1997)

From a drag sequence to cameos by Sinbad and George Clinton to (probably) the most expensive mailbox demolition exhibition on film, "Good Burger" truly begs the question...how did this get made? It's available in full on YouTube, so I am begging you to watch it and shed some light on the bizarre spectacle that is this movie.

I dare anyone on the forum to watch the first 2 minutes of this film and not turn away.

This film could only have been made in the 90's. I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Nickelodeon took $9 Million and threw it at a film based on a single sketch from a variety show on cable AND STILL managed to earn it back. On a plot that is insane and has little to do with the premise of the sketch, which is watching Kel Mitchell take orders.

There are fast food competitions and Carmen Electra beatings and notice needs to be taken at the "Only a kids show would get away with this" Insane Asylum Scene. I'm still debating as to whether this is a kids film, because this just has nothing related to the show or children in anyway.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Good Burger is great! It's just as crazy as a comedic Nickelodeon movie based on a recurring sketch should be. I've seen this movie as an adult and still enjoy it.

• Like 3

I think Good Burger only appeals to the children of the nineties. I loved it because I was a child of the nineties but if you take out the nostalgia factor I don't know if it holds up at all

I was semi-exposed to All That as a mid-nineties kid (Lori Beth Denburg's Vital Information Forever!), but this film still is insane. For a children's film, it isn't the worst, and it could very well fall under "Wonderfully Crazy but Needs to Be Discussed" for these guys.

I agree IsaiahER, with your first post. i can't even watch the trailer with out hitting stop. you can't make dog shit taste good.

• Like 1

Whaaaat? It's totally decent, for what it is. It's a PG-rated Nick movie. Certainly better than anything SNL ever did. Kenan and Kel have good chemistry, the jokes are silly but funny, and even Sinbad is kinda enjoyable. I just watched this for the first time with maah wife a couple of months ago and we both had fun. I'm 30-ish and never watched Nickelodeon.

This board is really interesting/mind-boggling, seeing what kinds of movies people think are shit and not shit. So subjective!

• Like 1

I'd also like to take the time to say that Abe Vigoda stars in this movie. Not a cameo, not an appearance. He has a full on role that affects the plot. And is, hands down, one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Watch this just to see Abe Vigoda wandering around Good Burger with no direction.

I don't know. it's sorta looks like fart humor, lets light our farts on fire and see what happens. or lets get drunk and go cow tipping in the middle of the night. I think I am too old for Good Burger...LOL

Wow Abe Vigoda is in this! I think that sums it up. they should place that on the poster artwork. "it's got Abe Vigoda in it" like that's a selling point.

Whaaaat? It's totally decent, for what it is. It's a PG-rated Nick movie. Certainly better than anything SNL ever did.

Hey now, let's not get crazy. SNL has pooped out some bad movies but I'd certainly rather watch Wayne's World or The Blues Brothers before this thing.

(there is not a version of this scene on youtube that isn't recorded off of a tv screen)

I have seen this movie scene more times than any movie scene in the history of cinema. Me and my brother knew this whole dance (I still kinda have it, it wouldn't take long to get it back) and we would put it on 15x in a row several times a week.

I could never view this movie objectively and say it's right for the show because I think it's perfect, but I just needed to share.

• Like 4

Oh god, that scene where they show all of the insane people dancing is the only reason I searched to see if this was a topic yet! The kid in me says it's just wacky zaniness, while the HDTGM lover in me is saying "Are they teaching children that this is what mentally disturbed people are like?!?"

I will admit that this movie was way better than I thought it would be, but I was really looking through the lense of what is going on.

Keenan and Kel were the Key and Peele of the Nineties! Well, maybe not, but what this movie lacks in quality they make up for with ample helpings of Sinbad and shark poison. Also, it's on Netflix, which is always a plus!

Keenan and Kel were the Key and Peele of the Nineties! Well, maybe not, but what this movie lacks in quality they make up for with ample helpings of Sinbad and shark poison. Also, it's on Netflix, which is always a plus!

"Lacks in quality"? This movie fuckin rules. I watched it not that long ago and it was even better than I remembered.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this