🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanRMC

Hackers

I love this fucking movie. It came out when I was ten. I'm 30 now. I am not exaggerating when I say that I've seen this movie at least 200 times. I think I'll be hurt if they do this movie.

I love this movie too, my only hope is that it's done like a Furious 7/Con Air thing, where they admit that this movie is awesome!

• Like 1

Just rewatched this last night, this might be the most 90s movie ever made, can we also mention the spinning telephone booths:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Just saw this for the first time on Netflix.

It's hard to think of a more 90s movie. The only thing that comes close is Vanilla Ice rapping with Ninja Turtle.

If you sat down and TRIED to write a cheesier early-mid 90s computer hacking movie, you would fail. It makes Sneakers and The Net look like War Games.

More notable moments than I can count:

-The whole "phone phreak" concept of using sound to "hack" pay phones had run its course by the mid 80s at the absolute LATEST.

-The 2 cool 4 school IT guy who rode around everywhere on a skateboard, including inside the office. To get a ride somewhere, he has a company limo piggyback him, Marty McFly style.

-The pinnacle of "super overly flashy hacker GUI" sequences. It's like the last 5 minutes of Johnny Pneumonic the entire movie.

-Everyone dressed like Back to the Future 2's 2015 sequence.

-The techno RAWK soundtrack that blasts every hacking sequence.

-"The most common passwords are 'sex', 'love', and 'god'." Uh huh....

• Like 1

The arcade/nightclub in a warehouse where they played Wipeout on a movie theater sized screen was also a nice touch. Was there ever a place like that? The closest I can remember are Dave and Buster type places.

The arcade/nightclub in a warehouse where they played Wipeout on a movie theater sized screen was also a nice touch. Was there ever a place like that? The closest I can remember are Dave and Buster type places.

Have you played any of the video games from the time on anything bigger than what we had back then? Technology has not been kind. A couple years back, I E-Bayed off a bunch of old PS1 games, which I tested first on my 42" TV, and even THAT looked pretty bad.

As far as more recent stuff (well, PS2 and above), we've played video games on movie screens at my work Christmas parties, which actually look better in the smaller auditoriums where the projector isn't as far from the screen.

Yeah everyone knows the most common password is 12345... shit now I gotta change mine.

Have you played any of the video games from the time on anything bigger than what we had back then? Technology has not been kind. A couple years back, I E-Bayed off a bunch of old PS1 games, which I tested first on my 42" TV, and even THAT looked pretty bad.

As far as more recent stuff (well, PS2 and above), we've played video games on movie screens at my work Christmas parties, which actually look better in the smaller auditoriums where the projector isn't as far from the screen.

Very true, I just finished Grim Fandango on my PS3 and time has been so unkind both to gameplay and graphics it's almost enough to make your eyes bleed.

• Like 1

Very true, I just finished Grim Fandango on my PS3 and time has been so unkind both to gameplay and graphics it's almost enough to make your eyes bleed.

Why on earth didn't double fine improve on the graphics for the remastered version?

Also, was there a rollerblader/skateboarder feud in 1995?

Why on earth didn't double fine improve on the graphics for the remastered version?

I think they did with the character models, but they were stuck with the backgrounds due to their being pre-rendered.

I own this movie on dvd. it can't be worse then the Kevin mitnick movie. "Takedown" read the book ghosts in the wires. then watch Takendown if you can find a copy, it's really bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbgDMYy9mzM

They got all of the facts wrong on this one.

sad part is his story would make a great film. but some how they didn't or haven't got it right yet.

• Like 1

Just saw this for the first time on Netflix.

It's hard to think of a more 90s movie. The only thing that comes close is Vanilla Ice rapping with Ninja Turtle.

If you sat down and TRIED to write a cheesier early-mid 90s computer hacking movie, you would fail. It makes Sneakers and The Net look like War Games.

More notable moments than I can count:

-The whole "phone phreak" concept of using sound to "hack" pay phones had run its course by the mid 80s at the absolute LATEST.

-The 2 cool 4 school IT guy who rode around everywhere on a skateboard, including inside the office. To get a ride somewhere, he has a company limo piggyback him, Marty McFly style.

-The pinnacle of "super overly flashy hacker GUI" sequences. It's like the last 5 minutes of Johnny Pneumonic the entire movie.

-Everyone dressed like Back to the Future 2's 2015 sequence.

-The techno RAWK soundtrack that blasts every hacking sequence.

Well they for password as password correctly. I'm stealing cracking into routers with that but haha

Sign in to follow this