🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DartanganMcgee

True Lies (1994)

True Lies and Kindergarten Cop. That's right, Two-fer Tuesday! Two ridiculous Arnold abortions that would make for awesome episodes. Also, there's always Junior. That movie was so bad my eyes started bleeding.

• Like 1

True Lies would be fantastic.  The good (action sequences) is passé and allows clear vision of the rest (misogyny & plot holes). Entertaining still but on a wtf level. 

Theres alot of darkly hilarious things in this movie, but most of it just hasnt aged particularly well. And I could very easily see June justifiably not having an awesome time watching this.

This movie is amazing, despite (and perhaps because) Arnold is so miscast. It never struck me as odd in the slightest as a kid, but it cracks me up now to think how he's sold as this boring computer-salesman nerd and Jamie Lee Curtis is just dumbfounded over how an absolutely mammoth, Austrian bodybuilder could be capable of violence. 

The scenes with Paxton/Schwarzenegger will always be a guilty pleasure for me. The shit Paxton is saying in the test drive is absolutely fucking horrific, but the sheer glee that he delivers the lines with will never not make me laugh hysterically. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this