🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Elektra Boogaloo

Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

Did anyone go see it this weekend? Is it worth it? The live show is Aug 12, if I remember correctly so it could be the next film covered. (But I don’t know when the episode would air.) I am kind of on the fence.

i tend to not love the Fast and Furious movies as much as the gang does but I do like the Rock and Statham best.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Did anyone go see it this weekend? Is it worth it? The live show is Aug 12, if I remember correctly so it could be the next film covered. (But I don’t know when the episode would air.) I am kind of on the fence.

i tend to not love the Fast and Furious movies as much as the gang does but I do like the Rock and Statham best.

I like the Fast and Furious movies as much as the hosts. If you're not on board with the series, this won't win you over. I liked this okay but it's definitely sillier than the main series. It plays to Rock and Statham's personalities but maybe too much in my opinion. 

I'm planning to see it this afternoon if I can get in to the only showing I can make today.

I'd say it's right down the middle for a Fast & Furious movie . . . like, almost exactly what you would expect for an average movie of this type.

• Like 1

I just got in from seeing it and if you’re lukewarm on the franchise I highly recommend watching this one while thinking that Idris Elba’s character is employed by an evil version of Megaforce.

This is what Star Wars movies like Rogue One wanted to be.  Movies with a very tenuous link to the source material but are still entertaining on their own.