🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

14 members have voted

1. 1. Does "TRON: Legacy" deserve the HDTGM treatment?

I'd like to think that anyone else who has seen this movie understands why I'd make this suggestion.

The (what I would consider) great cast and the spectacular visuals tell us that there was every intention of making an awesome movie, but when one takes a closer look, one sees unnatural dialogue, underimaginative costuming, and a sociopathic Bruce Wayne wannabe for a main character.

Also, CGI Jeff Bridges face? Apparently the filmmakers have never heard of the uncanny valley.

I had my fair share of zings for the movie, but I actually really enjoyed Tron Legacy. It doesn't strike me as a HDTGM candidate because... well, we KNOW why it was made. Tron was badass, and the visuals and audio in tron legacy was amazing. Even at the expense of a plot, which did itself a favor by remaining paper thin and taking a backseat to the visuals.

The only part of the movie I really disliked was from the start up until Journey's Separate Ways played.

When people suggest movies like this I wonder if they have even listened to the show at all.

It is difficult to get 40mins of material from this.. Martin Sheen's shameful performance is either the best or worst thing in it.. and there's the rub.. when you make the sequel to a visual feast of a movie that is beloved and had a revolutionary story.. you better make it all those things.. but in the world of bland, middle of the road PG13 nonsense the best thing should never be a bad Frank-N-Furter impression.

I was bored, it was dull with blurry zoomed in action. they made the light cycle race boring! how is that possible even the low-fi original movie chase was more enguaging and you felt for the generic computer people being killed.. this time they were just cannon-fodder... not to mention next to no Tron! might as well have been called Torn Legacy.... see what i did there. ;)