🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DartanganMcgee

Short Circuit 1 or 2...or both!

I don't see how the character of Ben is any more racist than Apu on The Simpsons.

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

• Like 1

I am so so sorry I link that here. because I clicked it and now got hear worm. , I don't think i've ever really watch all of the "Short Circuit" movies and yet they keep playing them on tv all the dam time. Someones watching them. Maybe it's on for prison inmates, Ryan Sz prison is playing those movies for the inmates. some form of sick torture. I wounder has Fisher Stevens ever really talked about playing a east Indian character? or is there some rule in his contract that you can't talk to him about Short Circuit.

Sometimes my prison will show a current movie with an older one, it all depends on what's available and what the inmate council group voted for. There are a couple other channels that play older movies so I can't say for sure if it's ever been shown.

Side note: what the hell happened to Fisher Stevens?! Did he get an illness or something because he looks thirty pounds lighter than when he was in The Burning.

Sometimes my prison will show a current movie with an older one, it all depends on what's available and what the inmate council group voted for. There are a couple other channels that play older movies so I can't say for sure if it's ever been shown.

Side note: what the hell happened to Fisher Stevens?! Did he get an illness or something because he looks thirty pounds lighter than when he was in The Burning.

They should force them to watch the green mile. That would be like watching Executive Decision on a commercial airliner.

he's a funny looking guy isn't he. if he was on the tv show fargo, he would not look out of place.

I forgot what a scary rage Johnny 5 is in during the big "I Need a Hero" chase scene in Short Circuit 2. I get that Oscar lied to him and endangered his friends - but once they're safe and Oscar is just fleeing with the heist money, Johnny 5 still sounds like he wants to murder-death-kill the guy. He is a relentless specter that wants only VENGEANCE and PUNISHMENT OF THE WICKED, even if it means his own demise.

Pretty dark emotional territory for a kids movie.

• Like 2

I watched Short Circuit 2 this past weekend with my kids and came right here to recommend it as a bad movie to cover. How a movie with Michael McKean in it can be this bad, I don't know. I would love to hear the gang cover the scene where Johnny 5 gets beaten so badly that his motor fluid spurts out like blood and (spoiler alert) the final scene where he gets U.S. citizenship.

#2 is by far my favorite. Worth doing strictly for Michael McKean’s blousy shirts. And the Los Locos Gang:

“Los locos kick your ass. Los locos kick your face. Los locos kick your balls INTO OUTER SPACE! “

• Like 2

On 2/17/2018 at 9:29 AM, TheMattofmyGroup said:

#2 is by far my favorite. Worth doing strictly for Michael McKean’s blousy shirts. And the Los Locos Gang:

“Los locos kick your ass. Los locos kick your face. Los locos kick your balls INTO OUTER SPACE! “

I think SS 2 would be an instant classic 👍🏾 the movie is just beyond whack lol

Short Circuit 2 has the rare distinction of both being better and worse than the original movie simultaneously. It's terribly written, but alot more fun in general. 

It also has the benefit of having Lea Thompson in it who is wonderful in everything she's in.