🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Darragh

Toronto show - Governor Gabbi - not available in Canada?

Hello, Earwolf people.

The film for the upcoming live Toronto show on September 28th, 2019 has just been announced. Governor Gabbi looks like a fine piece of cinema, but does not appear to be available in Canada, so far as I can tell. Though it is available on Amazon Prime, it seems you can only rent/buy it in America. Canadians get a "not available in your location" message.

If anyone has a lead on another way to access it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I am having the same issue. Available on AMERICAN Prime, but not Canadian. Totally unavailable, legally in Canada...can't find it anywhere else either.

Just read on Twitter that they’re working on uploading it to Vimeo, and will be sharing the link to it soon!

• Like 1

@HDTGM said:

Hello People of Canada! Here is the link you've been asking for! The password will be easy for you to crack. Jason loves saying it. Its one word, it starts with the letter "B" and it is not baby or bananas... https://f.io/cvtB0S4v

• Like 3

On 8/21/2019 at 2:20 PM, DanEngler said:
@HDTGM said:

Hello People of Canada! Here is the link you've been asking for! The password will be easy for you to crack. Jason loves saying it. Its one word, it starts with the letter "B" and it is not baby or bananas... https://f.io/cvtB0S4v

The link doesn't seem to be working for me. Seems like a bad choice to choose a movie not easily available for the country the live show is in..

4 hours ago, k.fow said:

The link doesn't seem to be working for me. Seems like a bad choice to choose a movie not easily available for the country the live show is in..

What happens when you follow the link? I'm prompted to enter the password and, when I do, the video player appears.

As far as the movie selection goes, they probably verified that it was available for free on Prime without realizing that different Amazon regions have different streaming rights, an honest mistake for which they provided a workaround.

@HDTGM said:

whats the password

@HDTGM said:

lol. I guessed "Butts" and then gave up

Cant tell if you guys love us or hate us up here in Toronto. This movie is some grade A, state of the art, no holds barred crap. 

I feel that they’ve truly fucked us here. They didn’t like all the feedback from the Little Italy episode, were rubbed the wrong way by the classic Torontonian need to be recognized as notable outside of our own little world, and decided to just take us to the bone zone by saddling is with a ridiculous non-movie that we can’t even gain access to. This, despite my repeated pleas that they do Slumber Party Massacre II. I even promised to let Jason hold my baby if they did SPM2. I’m still going to attend, but will definitely leave the baby at home. Might bring my copy of SPM2 and give it to Paul. On second thought, it’s too valuable to me, but I would consider giving him the DVD case with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen inside.

• Like 3

This might be the worst thing they have ever done.  It made my wife very angry.  She is a filmmaker and I think she found this "movie" insulting....

I have to ask...did you guys watch Fateful Findings? It was done in Seattle last week and made for a great show, but I would have to argue that it is no masterpiece. It’s a great attempt at a film —for all the wrong reasons—but I would not qualify it as a “movie” either.

Not trying to silence your (probably justifiable—I have not experienced Governor Gabbi, so I can’t compare) rage, just wanted to point out that they still put on a great show, regardless of the film.

Oh man, I just remembered this hot little number for the next time they want to do a film made in Toronto: Bedroom Eyes!

On 9/21/2019 at 11:28 PM, GrahamS. said:

I have to ask...did you guys watch Fateful Findings? It was done in Seattle last week and made for a great show, but I would have to argue that it is no masterpiece. It’s a great attempt at a film —for all the wrong reasons—but I would not qualify it as a “movie” either.

Not trying to silence your (probably justifiable—I have not experienced Governor Gabbi, so I can’t compare) rage, just wanted to point out that they still put on a great show, regardless of the film

Neil Breen is a special kind of filmmaker. Similar to The Room/Tommy Wisseau. 

This movie was pure torture. It was just so... inept. There are probably 100 adjectives to describe it. Just amateurish. Easily, easily easily, the worst movie they have ever done. No redeeming qualities. It felt like a high school movie, but even then I know teenagers can do better than this.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 2:28 PM, DanEngler said:

Hey Guys,

I know this is really late in the game but I wanted to prep and watch the movie saw this thread, checked out the link and password but it’s not working for me. It keeps asking me for the password. I understand its supposed to be “Bonkers” but it’s not working. Any other ways to see the movie in Canada ?

update- I had to wrestle with the link in order to get the lowercase b as it autofilled the first letter as a capital letter. Tip to other wolfpups- enter a garbage letter ahead of bonkers and then quickly delete the first letter and press return quickly right after

11 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Hey Guys,

I know this is really late in the game but I wanted to prep and watch the movie saw this thread, checked out the link and password but it’s not working for me. It keeps asking me for the password. I understand its supposed to be “Bonkers” but it’s not working. Any other ways to see the movie in Canada ?

Make sure you enter the password in all lowercase.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:28 PM, GrahamS. said:

Not trying to silence your (probably justifiable—I have not experienced Governor Gabbi, so I can’t compare) rage, just wanted to point out that they still put on a great show, regardless of the film.

I did not watch it, but can see how a truly terrible non-movie could make for an even better pod and will trust you on this one. You’ve made a mortal enemy if you turn out to be wrong though!

3 minutes ago, Bob Honstel said:

I did not watch it, but can see how a truly terrible non-movie could make for an even better pod and will trust you on this one. You’ve made a mortal enemy if you turn out to be wrong though!

Noted. BTW, I think you should bring your baby and taunt them with it if their podcast is feeling lackluster.

• Haha 1

I actually gave Governor Gabbi a shot, just for the sake of being up to date before going to the Toronto show on Saturday. It was... Really tough. It's clearly a student film made by an overzealous student who wanted to make a feature instead of a short.

How it got distribution... It's probably just trying to be The Room 2.0.

Still really looking forward to Saturday night!

I have to say as a long time ardent fan I was REALLY disappointed with this ‘movie’. This isn’t a bad movie or a so bad it’s fun movie or a forgot weird gem it a terrible student film that is the biggest piece of sh-t I have ever seen in my life. It’s like you wanted to punish the Canadian audience by picking a (very bad) student film about the American political system (sort of) which many people here won’t get and then you chose one that is impossible to find without a hack and a computer hooked up to TV - and deciphering the password clue. I was able to get over all those barriers but about 1 minute in immediately regretted my tenacity. This movie has 0 redeeming qualities. Besides the John Snow poster (not the scene just that it was in there) and the amazingly bad ADR. This was insanely sad. My wife was was mad too.  We got merch shirts and were psyched and instead of something like ‘Teen Witch’ we get this just utter trash. I’ve seen many film school movies and this was one of the worst. I expected more and think you left your fans down here big time with this. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bob Honstel said:

Governor Gabbi looks like the budget was $5000 and everyone dialogue is dubbed - in English so nothing sounds right and characters and relationships make 0 sense. They had 3 shooting locational that are recycled to the point that you can see a kitchen from one location is the same in another same with a living room that doubles as the a senators house and a meeting place between two other unrelated characters. It’s the kind of movie that was written by sisters starring one of them and directed by their brother. (I think). It looks like the final film of a very terrible film school program that would have come in last place in the class. I don’t even know how this is going to be a funny show. I’m actually annoyed. 

7 minutes ago, Shieldwolf said:

I have to say as a long time ardent fan I was REALLY disappointed with this ‘movie’. This isn’t a bad movie or a so bad it’s fun movie or a forgot weird gem it a terrible student film that is the biggest piece of sh-t I have ever seen in my life. It’s like you wanted to punish the Canadian audience by picking a (very bad) student film about the American political system (sort of) which many people here won’t get and then you chose one that is impossible to find without a hack and a computer hooked up to TV - and deciphering the password clue. I was able to get over all those barriers but about 1 minute in immediately regretted my tenacity. This movie has 0 redeeming qualities. Besides the John Snow poster (not the scene just that it was in there) and the amazingly bad ADR. This was insanely sad. My wife was was mad too.  We got merch shirts and were psyched and instead of something like ‘Teen Witch’ we get this just utter trash. I’ve seen many film school movies and this was one of the worst. I expected more and think you left your fans down here big time with this. 

As a Canadian who doesn't live in one of the 3 cities that tours come to, I don't have a lot of sympathy here, bro. 🙄

Also, didn't they mention that Seth Rogen suggested the film? I wonder if he'll be a special guest...