🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Welcome to the forum for discussing the Earwolf Forums!

This is the go-to place for help with problems or questions about the forum!

• Is your picture posting really tiny or not showing up at all?
  • Need to delete a post?
  • Can't find a certain topic?
  • Wondering where to post about something?

Here's the place to ask!

I'll be checking this thread as often as possible and I'll keep it pinned to the top of the page for easy access. Just let me know what the problem or question is, and if needed please link the thread or post in question to make sure things are addressed asap.

SPAM: Please flag spam messages using the "Flag as Spammer" button that appears when hovering over a username, OR click "Report" located at the bottom of the post. I will receive the notification and get that mess outta here as soon as possible.

IMPORTANT: If you are having any problems with another user or notice certain people being a*holes do not post about it here. Send me a private message and we can deal with it from there mmmk? But that's totally not going to happen because everyone here is awesome right? RIGHT?!

Happy posting my babies! I love you all :D

• Like 12

Ugh. Don't tell me spam has made its way into the Earwolf forums...Please get rid of the two spam posts in the Professor Blastoff thread.

• Like 1

I see them indi9o82...and now they are gone!

thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure why but the Professsor attracts the most spammers for whatever reason :wacko:

• Like 1

Shannon you're always on top of things. You rule as a moderator. Glad you're part of the team. :)

• Like 1

Shannon you're always on top of things. You rule as a moderator. Glad you're part of the team. :)

^_^ oh goodness, thank you muchly. I'm very glad to be here.

• Like 2

Now there's a timber merchant in there!

...Not the first thing I expected to type this morning.

Hi everyone!

Just a heads up that I changed Spam reporting protocol and added it to the original post.

I finally figured out how to find flags and reports and this will make the entire process so much easier... this way nobody has to take an extra step to post here and I will see the offending messages right when I login.

Thanks so much! You guys are really the best

How do you embed video clips on this forum? I know how to embed clips, but not sure how to do it on this particular forum. Can anyone explain? Also, the 'help' section of this forum is very hard to read the white and light gray background w/ the white text. :(

The only way I've ever gotten videos to embed here is to just paste the youtube url directly into the comment and it will turn into an embedded video when you post. Not the link code, but the actual url that includes "watch" somewhere in it. I've noticed that if it's from a playlist or external link it won't post right. I truly have no idea why, but I know this works.

I'm not sure about other video hosting sites... but I can try to get in touch with the forum designer and see if I can find out anything else.

Edited to clarify.

Ohhhh. Gotcha. I just tested and it worked. I was just mainly curious about YouTube videos anyway. But if you find out about other types, that would be good to know too. :) Thanks.

Do we want to have a games board on the forum? I imagine since we're all comedy fans, it's the kind of thing we can all get behind. After all, who doesn't enjoy a good game of Mafia?

Hey Bounty!

Your Hobo With a Shotgun thread still exists! I just combined it with the already existing one. I don't like multiples of movies clogging up that board, it's unnecessary.

As for pictures, don't use that crazy attachment thing. It doesn't really work. What you need to do is go upload the photo somewhere, (facebook, tinypic, photobucket) so that your photo now has a url... click on the little polaroid of a tree icon in the toolbar, paste your image url and voila! It should post just fine :)

all gone, :)

booom. done.

I notice that there are quite a few 'broken link' images on some of the artists' photos. Is that problem on my end or is everyone experiencing this?

I notice that there are quite a few 'broken link' images on some of the artists' photos. Is that problem on my end or is everyone experiencing this?

Where specifically? In a certain thread, or elsewhere on the website?

I'll check it out, but I need a starting place. Thanks!

Any tips on adding pics to my signature? The "image" icon just wants a URL and I didn't see any possible way to upload from my computer. When I tried a simple click and drag it translated the image to a ton of lines of code.

Any tips on adding pics to my signature? The "image" icon just wants a URL and I didn't see any possible way to upload from my computer. When I tried a simple click and drag it translated the image to a ton of lines of code.

There are a bunch of sites where you can upload an image and turn it into a url for free.

I use TinyPic and I have a login there so I can easily access my stuff for the forums. But theres also, Photobucket, imageshack.us , and Postimage.org

You'll have to use one of those to get your images to post properly on the forums. Upload the photo, copy the url and paste it in the box that pops up when you click the icon of the picture of a tree, and boom. whatever you uploaded is successfully displayed on the forum. Let me know if you need any other help :)

Thank you, Shannon! Love your avatar.

You're welcome! And thank you! I have had it for almost a year now, I think it's time to take a new picture.

Is anyone else having a problem logging in with their Facebook account? I have been trying but I keep getting a message saying that it can't go through. Any help?

Is anyone else having a problem logging in with their Facebook account? I have been trying but I keep getting a message saying that it can't go through. Any help?

Hey Ryan,

I looked into everything I could think of on my end and found nothing. Does facebook have a permissions page like twitter does? Where you can see all the apps and websites you've given permission to access your fb info? Maybe that might offer a solution...

good luck. keep me posted.

Hey Ryan,

I looked into everything I could think of on my end and found nothing. Does facebook have a permissions page like twitter does? Where you can see all the apps and websites you've given permission to access your fb info? Maybe that might offer a solution...

good luck. keep me posted.

I checked I i still give permission to the forum. I deleted it then added it again giving it full permission but I still get this message

[#1090091] An error occurred while trying to authorize this Facebook connection.