🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Vinshlomo

Jacob's Ladder (2019)

Jesus Christ.

This film DID NOT need a remake. I’d heard vaguely about it but didn’t realize that it had already been released. That’s the cultural impact it deserves, I guess.

Also, looking at the credits, it was written by Sarah Thorpe, who also wrote Twisted.  Which was fucking horrible and is on this list.

• Like 1

Great suggestion, this movie looks absolutely insufferable as a remake. Very excited to watch it tomorrow.

• Like 1

Is there any way they can not do this movie, given the old running joke with the show and all? They pretty much have to,

Also, 5% on Rotten Tomatoes, with only one positive review out of 19.

That said, they'll probably have to wait until it's out on streaming./DVD. The movie has only been out for about 6 days and isn't playing anywhere near me, and I live in a mid-sized market.

Also, if they do it, it should come with a side note of "If you've never seen the good version. watch that one first, so this one doesn't ruin it for you."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CaptainAmazing said:

That said, they'll probably have to wait until it's out on streaming./DVD. The movie has only been out for about 6 days and isn't playing anywhere near me, and I live in a mid-sized market.

I think it’s only on VOD. I live In Seattle and I don’t think it will come out here at all.

• Like 1

I didn't realize it was even close to coming out, thinking it would be an October release. I like that they've tried to update it but by making it a brotherly story rather than a single man's path through the aftermath of war, I'm wondering how many ways they can handle the twist that the viewer wouldn't already see coming.

On 8/29/2019 at 2:41 PM, CaptainAmazing said:

Is there any way they can not do this movie, given the old running joke with the show and all? They pretty much have to,

I called it an “old” running joke, and they immediately brought it back in the newest episode.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.  There shouldve been an emergency episode for this.  This perfect for a HDTGM episode.  Maybe they will wait and do it LIVE on the next tour.  It is already on Amazon.  

• Like 1

IT IS ALREADY STREAMING FOR FREE ON HOOPLA. This is two months after it first started streaming. Haven’t watched it yet, but will watch it soon.

• Like 1

I just saw this on Netflix and it is completely terrible, and not in a good for the show kind of way. This could have been a remake that worked because the original isn't one of the biggest hits in the genre and really is only remembered for a few scenes and the giant twist at the end, so there isn't a high bar far the remake to at least meet for new and returning viewers alike. and instead fumbled every way that it could, which is even more shocking as there are solid actors filling out this cast. Rather than play into what people are expecting with the twist, it instead goes and focuses on what was a red herring in the original film, and did so boringly.

• Like 1

Will there be a Jacob's Ladder scenario? 

It is at 5% on Rotten Tomatoes and its a shame as I quite like Michael Ealy. 

• Like 1