🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

Rock-A-Doodle (1991)

Very bizarre movie all around. From the same era that brought us equally inexplicable animated films like The Pagemaster and Rover Dangerfield. 

• Like 2

Even his better movies are pretty fucking dark. Secrets of NIMH is a prettty fucked up premise for an animated cartoon about talking animals. 

This movie looks INSANE. It’s like a child’s nightmare mixed with a tribute to Elvis Presley as a rooster? How many kids looked up to Elvis Presley in 1991? How many even know who he is now?

in terms of Don Bluth movies, I’m actually in the middle of watching The Land Before Time with my 5-year-old nephew (we will finish it tomorrow). It’s a film that is legitimately well-made and only a little scary. Yes, the mom dies, but that’s something that Disney has pulled a bunch of times. Anyway, I’ll defend this particular Bluth film, the others I haven’t seen in a long time.

• Like 1

Yeah, as much as it pains the child in me to admit, this one's not great. Great designs though. Bluth's movies are pretty fifty-fifty for me in terms of good/bad, but they're all pretty fucking weird.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2019 at 6:49 PM, muttnik said:

Yeah, as much as it pains the child in me to admit, this one's not great. Great designs though. Bluth's movies are pretty fifty-fifty for me in terms of good/bad, but they're all pretty fucking weird.

It's more than a little sad how talent/work went into the animation as opposed to the cocaine weekend that clearly went into the story and writing. 

• Like 2

I used to LOVE this movie. And just recently I saw it again after a LONG time not seeing it. 

It's a piece of crap. Just...utterly. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 11:17 PM, MariahN said:

I used to LOVE this movie. And just recently I saw it again after a LONG time not seeing it. 

It's a piece of crap. Just...utterly. 

I recently re-watched both The Jetsons Movie and The Jetstones Meet The Flintstones and I had similar revelations. 

Sign in to follow this