đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Cameron H.

Episode 222 - Unforgettable

1 hour ago, CaptainAmazing said:

Finally caught up this far in the thread. Yeah, speaking as a serious head trauma survivor, he's going to have some serious problems in the short term that Julia will have to help take care of. In the long term he's probably going to have some low-level memory problems for the rest of his life, and that's if he's very lucky. And like I said, his eyewitness testimony is pretty much the only thing keeping Julia out of jail (see The_Triple_Lindy's post), but he magically remembers everything from 10 minutes before his injury, which I can't say that I could do.

But with all the plot holes and bad writing in this movie (I may have to make an entire separate post on the terrible police work), I can't expect them to know anything about the medical realities of brain injuries. this particular type of sloppy writing is sadly so common that it has two TV Tropes pages: Tap on the Head and Hard Head.

Interesting side note: There's about a 1 in 3 chance that I was listening to an archived HDTGM episode at the time of my accident. If that's the case, somehow figuring out which one it was would help me reconstruct what happened.

I have a math learning disability and in middle school a kid came back to school after finally being rehabilitated enough from an awful atv accident and was in my special math class. He had to relearn how to  do everything. 

• Like 4

Did anyone else notice the giant tray of salt and pepper shakers in their house?

5Oqs0kX.png

I was so confused and transfixed by this; why would they have so many salt and pepper shakers? Why was it in their living room? The answer of course, is that it's a chess board?! This has to be the most confusing way to play chess ever. What a weird choice by the set dressers.

*I posted while listening but before the audience questions! I feel vindicated.

• Like 2

One thing that came up at the live show that there was only a brief mention of  in the actual edited podcast: One couple in the audience brought a baby that, according to them, was only 20 days old.

• Like 2

Okay, I haven’t listened to this episode yet because I’m still struggling through the movie. I mean, do I have to? Am I going to miss anything if I leave the last 51 minutes unwatched?  Can I please just stop?

17 minutes ago, Jedibugs said:

Okay, I haven’t listened to this episode yet because I’m still struggling through the movie. I mean, do I have to? Am I going to miss anything if I leave the last 51 minutes unwatched?  Can I please just stop?

I haven’t watched the movie and still enjoyed the episode. I’m of the opinion that you don’t HAVE to watch every movie they pick. If it’s pure torture for you, I say skip it. I’ve listened to a lot of episodes where I wouldn’t want to watch/couldn’t make it through the movies they’ve picked (ahem/- The Hottie and The Nottie), but those movies that are a slog to get through make the ones that are great (Fateful Findings, The Visitor, 88 Minutes, Cool as Ice)even better by comparison. 

On 9/18/2019 at 9:32 PM, Jedibugs said:

Yeah, I found it a pretty rough watch and even thought about saying “I’ve suffered an actual brain injury, but not one bad enough to enjoy this movie.” The random other fan I ran into later hated it as well.

I really can’t understand why the hosts enjoyed it so much. Maybe it’s full of subtle terribleness that I missed, or maybe it’s just that much of an improvement over last week’s film.