🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 45 — Enlightenment

Om! Rather than start your day with a dull boring meditation, why not seek enlightenment through Professor Blastoff? Our special guest is Kevin Berntson who dishes dirt on catty Buddhists, defends boring people, and turns the other cheek to jerks. If that doesn't bring you to a higher plane, just put on some swamp rock and enjoy. And the winner is...YOU for listening!

I wonder if the way Kyle's Spanish sounds to us is the way English sounds to non-native speakers. Just frightenly excited jibberish.

Just by the way, I think this was one of the best episodes yet. Everyone seemed interested and engaged and the topic was so wide that everyone was able to offer these varied experiences. I enjoyed that they had a nice even discussion about it. I think the show really hits on all cylinders when you have a topic that everyone not only wants to weigh in on, but comes in with years, if not a lifetime, of experience and opinion. I especially liked that Aaron held his own in terms of not just his religious beliefs, but also knowledge of philosophy and essays that the guest mentioned. Overall this reminded me of the early episodes and the reason I fell in love with Professor Blastoff. Just wonderful.

• Like 1

David got on my nerves in this episode. Always so quick to fire off a malapropos remark before his brain is fully in gear.

• Like 1

Seriously, this is my favorite podcast.. I agree that this is one of the better episodes of it as well. Tig is always amazing, Kyle was firing on all cylinders (Swamp Rock for life), the guest was funny and insightful, and this may have been Aaron's finest hour. But sometimes David can be so quick to make blanket statements about things he doesn't know about and also so obstinate in his own theory of something.. how many times can you try to explain that 4 people in the room were talking about enlightenment in a spiritual sense and each time David seemed to insist the other 4 were talking about omnipotence or omniscience.

I love you guys, even Aaron, but David.. try to curb some of that knee jerk reaction from time to time. You don't always know everything.

• Like 1

"Can we edit this out? What the hell is David talking about?"

"David, A: you're wrong."

"I'm winning."

"Mary Fitzgerald drove across the country and back with her friend at only 30 miles an hour--actually now that I said it, it was kinda boring."

Tig-isms.

Just got the latest issue of Female Comic MuscleMag. Great pictorial of Tig's killer quad and glute workout! She is RIPPED!

Loved the extended swamp rock jam from Kyle! More!!!

I'm sure the commenters above weren't attacking David, but I will defend him anyway. I love his voices and keen interest in all the topics every week! Rock on, David!

Now, to my harsh criticism. No riddle! And no "NUTS"! There were at least two points where I thought a hardy "that's nuts" was coming and...nothing. Oh well, worse things happen at sea.

Love to all the gang. Hi, Aaron and Justin!

Gotta go try that killer quad and glute routine and listen to some ROCKO DEL SWAMPA!

Hey Tig. Heads up, Bipolar Disorder is not a personality disorder, it is a clinical one, psht. :) I love you guys.

Crazy Spanish in the first 2 minutes?

A super sized amount of Swamp Rock in the first 6?

This was overwhelmingly amazing... I didn't even get a chance to properly warm up my laugh. I may have injured myself.

Sign in to follow this