🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 31.5 — Minisode 31.5

39 members have voted

1. 1. How Did This Get Made? T-Shirt FINALISTS

• Danielle Deley (Oh boy, oh boy...)
    • Jason Oda (Bai Ling...Inspired by Crank)

There is a lot of business to attend to on this week's Minisode. We have listener letters, we of course tell you which work of art we're analyzing next, but we also want you to help us decide on our next t-shirt design! Head to Earwolf, Facebook, or Tumblr to cast your vote before watching this week's real-time Al Pacino "thriller." If you rent the movie on Amazon through this link it helps us out, so watch it, vote, and join us next week!

tumblr_m0gq0lSgrm1r7itg8o1_400.png

tumblr_m0gq0lSgrm1r7itg8o2_400.png

Yay! I was mentioned! It would be cool if I could hold HDTGM in my house...but I'm sure its too small. Something can be worked out. ;)

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the links LaKeisha!! That will be very helpful

I predict that after 87 minutes of this movie, I will die.

I remember when this came out, I didn't put any thought into it.... didn't realize it ranks as such a bad movie. This should be interesting.... And of course, its not available for stream on Netflix. But then, what is

The voting is tied up at 7 right now...

I voted for the t-shirt with the frequent quotes of HTDGM. Whoever comes out on top, I'll still line up to order one when they first become available.

This "film" is beyond awful, apparently it was filmed in 2004, but sat on a shelf somewhere until 2008, because the studio was so afraid to release this piece of shit. They should have just destroyed it when they had the chance.

OK... Can you please discuss the fact that Pacino totally cops a feel on Alicia Witt when they dive to the ground? I forget exactly where in the movie (i think it's when the car explodes) but when i saw it I was like "wtf??" doesn't even try to be slick, he just goes for it.

This movie is way worse than Trespass. When they finally reveal the murderer, I didn't even recall that character ever being introduced at all earlier in the movie. And there are SO many red herring characters thrown in for no good reason at all, but my all time favorite has to be the temp.

There was a glitch with this poll. If you could cast your vote again, that would be great.

OK... Can you please discuss the fact that Pacino totally cops a feel on Alicia Witt when they dive to the ground? I forget exactly where in the movie (i think it's when the car explodes) but when i saw it I was like "wtf??" doesn't even try to be slick, he just goes for it.

Yeah it looks like he cops a few feels...He hugs and kisses every woman in the film and they all seem to worship him, which must be the only reason he did this confusing and lacuna o'logic flick. Pacino looks like he fell asleep in the tanning chamber and was suddenly roused to appear on camera...If you dare watch, be forewarned: there are gaping chasms of plotholes throughout...

Milk and Cookie Scene !

My favorite part of the movie was the "cookies and milk scene". For reasons unrelated to progression of plot of even the singe scene, Jack Gramm (Al Pachino) asks the other men in the scene if they would care for a cookie. Then asks who would care for a glass a milk, calls his secretary asks for 3 glasses of milk (there are 4 men in the scene and only one has taken a cookie) Frank Parks (William Forsythe) responds "nothing for me Jack" (again 4 people, 3 drinks?) causing Jack to say to his secretary "Shelly bring in two glasses, NO make it three. Maybe you'll have a change of heart." (WTF change of heart on what? wanting milk? The man is an adult.. why would he lie about wanting milk?) So after he orders the milk they begin to talk about a case from the previous night and how it relates to the serial killer he is investigating. The attorney general then begins to try and poke holes in Jacks case against Jon Forester's (Neal McDonough) case. Then right in the middle of the tensest part of the scene Jacks secretary walks in proclaiming "Milk Maid!'' (my favorite part) She then walks in to a very awkward pause, looks at the men, walks to the table and places the milk down in walks out in complete silence! Its 19 seconds of DEAD AIR. nothing is said, just awkward looks as if to say "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, AND WHY IS THERE MILK!"

I just love this scene, there is absolutely no reason for the"cookie and milk" dialog to be writin into the script. It doesn't progress anything, doesn't even serve and a devise for a character to change subjects, leave the scene or anything! Its just an awesome 19 seconds of awkward milk tray holding silence!

• Like 2

The phrase 'Tick-Tock, Doc' is said with the same frequency as the word 'Leverage' is in Battlefield Earth...HDTGM?

Milk and Cookie Scene !

My favorite part of the movie was the "cookies and milk scene". For reasons unrelated to progression of plot of even the singe scene, Jack Gramm (Al Pachino) asks the other men in the scene if they would care for a cookie. Then asks who would care for a glass a milk, calls his secretary asks for 3 glasses of milk (there are 4 men in the scene and only one has taken a cookie) Frank Parks (William Forsythe) responds "nothing for me Jack" (again 4 people, 3 drinks?) causing Jack to say to his secretary "Shelly bring in two glasses, NO make it three. Maybe you'll have a change of heart." (WTF change of heart on what? wanting milk? The man is an adult.. why would he lie about wanting milk?) So after he orders the milk they begin to talk about a case from the previous night and how it relates to the serial killer he is investigating. The attorney general then begins to try and poke holes in Jacks case against Jon Forester's (Neal McDonough) case. Then right in the middle of the tensest part of the scene Jacks secretary walks in proclaiming "Milk Maid!'' (my favorite part) She then walks in to a very awkward pause, looks at the men, walks to the table and places the milk down in walks out in complete silence! Its 19 seconds of DEAD AIR. nothing is said, just awkward looks as if to say "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, AND WHY IS THERE MILK!"

I just love this scene, there is absolutely no reason for the"cookie and milk" dialog to be writin into the script. It doesn't progress anything, doesn't even serve and a devise for a character to change subjects, leave the scene or anything! Its just an awesome 19 seconds of awkward milk tray holding silence!

That scene was nutso. I was in disbelief at how long that entire thing drug out. Pacino just kept going on and on about cookies and milk and I was waiting for the two other guys to just go "Look, nobody cares about your fucking cookies. Let's get on with this!"... but they all seemed perfectly okay with letting him go on with his ramblings.

• Like 1

since the episode thread isn't up yet.

128883670066131021.jpg

The official thread is under Who Charted, for some reason.....

The official thread is under Who Charted, for some reason.....

oooopth. Moving it now. Thanks Wien

Sign in to follow this