🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Is there any public data on which Earwolf podcasts are most downloaded? Which episodes of which 'casts have had been the most popular?

Is this a knowable thing?

I feel like on a lot of podcasts someone will say, "How many people listen to this show?" and no one ever knows. Maybe they're all just being modest.

But I thought you could only count iTunes subscribers or something? Like, it doesn't track streams and downloads?

I'm probably totally wrong. Let's see if Jeff or someone else more official has a real answer.

LibSyn will tell you exactly how many downloads your show has and even breaks it up per day, location, devices, site referrals, etc. Good info to know and to KEEP to YOURSELF in most cases. Feedburner gives me a pretty good rough estimate on number if itunes subscribers, unless there's a better method I don't know about. What really irks me is not being able to keep track streams. So far, most of my audience listens directly from my site and Libsyn isn't counting that as a download. Stop making me do math Libsyn!

Yeah Jeff knows exactly how each show does but he's said he wants to keep that info private, as to not create any competition.

Sign in to follow this