đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

Pacific Heights (1990)

This ones a personal favorite of mine in the so bad its great genre. All around bizarre movie where Michael Keaton is a squatter who just makes life a living hell for a couple over the course of months. 

• Like 1

This was the year after Batman, so to see Michael Keaton go from hero to bad guy was what completely selled it.

• Like 1

He's great in this, it blows my mind how badly this movie got reviewed in comparison to the one where Ray Liotta is a cop who befriends a couple and then turns into a fucking lunatic. 

It’s streaming on Crackle right now. I’m partway through it.

The early 90s definitely went through the “outsider/bad apple systematically destroys the yuppie heroes’ lives” genre.

This one, Unlawful Entry (the Liotta one), The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, Ricochet, Internal Affairs. I ate all that shit up in high school.

the only one where it wasn’t yuppies was Cape Fear (which I actually truly enjoy, not just as a guilty pleasure).

l liked this one back in the day, too, but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen it. Man, Matthew Modine is fucking obnoxious in this movie.

Modine is obnoxious in most things. Cutthroat Island is good evidence of what can go wrong when you have to go with the 30th actor down the list to play your lead. 

Sign in to follow this