🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Liz Lemon

Q: Has Sam Rockwell has ever been in a bad movie?

A: Oh yes.

I have taken a look at his movie history and he has been in films I loved! And I feel that I will defend these movie and him until they are pushed from my conscience mind to make room for all the remakes of the films and the adaptations of books I read that I loved growing up; but of course will hate on principal, and not be able to remember what came before them.

Not the point. The point is there is a film that he was in, which I was excited about, that I just hated myself for seeing. I can not place exactly what it was that caused the anger I feel for having seen this film, but i am so glad no one else in my life has ever mentioned it.

I am of course talking about Gentlemen Broncos written by the Hess'. You know those guys that wrote Nacho Libre. Cinematic Gold

I, and many other people, think Gentlemen Broncos is the pinnacle of Sam Rockwell and everyone else involved's careers. No sarcasm. Especially Rockwell. It's so goddamned stupid, and so goddamn amazing for it.

C&A was crappy and a mess but yeah hard to really rip apart for its blandness. Hitchhikers Guide... was rightly torn apart by many for being soulless and aside from one knitted scene pretty boring. Being British and the right age a lot were offended at how poor the design and execution was over the original radio play and popular TV series.. the 2 saving graces where Stephen Fry as the book and Sam as Zaphod.. even if they totally copped out on the second head.

PS.. for Sam lovers.. watch "Choke" it is a superb character piece and while not as well known as Moon.. its really fun and touching in the vein of Wes Anderson.

Sign in to follow this