PollyDarton

HDTGM Classics Resurrection!

Hey guys,

I just wanted you to know that I have played around a little with the application that has replaced rabbit, Kast. It works a little different since you choose to broadcast your screen or a browser on your computer, but it's the same in a lot of ways.

I started a private group: https://s.kast.gg/g/6282ikcqdb

Perhaps everyone who is interested give it a try... perhaps we can resume classic nights?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, PollyDarton said:

Hey guys,

I just wanted you to know that I have played around a little with the application that has replaced rabbit, Kast. It works a little different since you choose to broadcast your screen or a browser on your computer, but it's the same in a lot of ways.

Perhaps everyone who is interested give it a try... perhaps we can resume classic nights?

Yay! I’ll try to take a look at it sometime today

• Like 1

I really hope this works out. I'll try to remember and check this out tonight. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PollyDarton said:

Hey guys,

I messed around with this for a couple minutes and think it should work for us. I didn't try to host anything but this looks like a pretty solid replacement. It directed me to get Chrome when I tried to open the link in Firefox. So, maybe you need the app if you don't use Chrome?

This looks like a pretty good find, Polly!

• Like 1

@PollyDarton I read some stuff on the internet that there have been some log-in issues with Kast like passwords or activation codes being sent to randoms - have you encountered any issues?

2 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

@PollyDarton I read some stuff on the internet that there have been some log-in issues with Kast like passwords or activation codes being sent to randoms - have you encountered any issues?

I have not. I was able to get an account and activate with no problems.
I don't know anything about the password thing.

• Like 1

Ok. So good news and bad news: Bad news is that I have a Mac and apparently streaming Mac audio is tricky. I can't figure out how to make it happen at the moment but I'm working on it.
The good news is that anyone with a PC may have better luck streaming for the group, so Kast may still be a viable option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m sorry, I’ve been super busy this month and I haven’t had a chance to check anything out. Is everyone still game to try to resurrect movie nights?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I’m sorry, I’ve been super busy this month and I haven’t had a chance to check anything out. Is everyone still game to try to resurrect movie nights?

I'm definitely interested.