🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Skeevins

Hopes and Dreams for The CBB TV show

-I'd really like for the fake "guests" to be animated or something, so that the comedians can actually look like the people they're portraying.

-Paul F. Tompkins on Episode 1

-an hour format, so there's time for interviews as well as improv games and comedy.

-a place to find the episodes online, so they can reach CBB's chief audience.

-special podcasts focusing on the development and creation of selected episodes, when possible.

-Ponies.

Split screen techniques to accommodate everyone in the Enigma Force Five. I want 5 James Adomians on screen at once, dammit.

• Like 5

Taking the idea further, it's unacceptable that Enigma Force Five hasn't fused together to form a giant robot yet. The new show should remedy this.

Also Alan Rickman should be the 5th member. A man can dream, right? But you're absolutely right, and Huell Howser must be the head of the robot.

I watched it and loved it. Exactly my sense of humour.

I like the idea of the comedians making no effort to disguise themselves as the people they are playing and no one ever pointing this out. Coupled to that is the apparently low-budgetness and somewhat amateurish appearance of the show is going to make for some comedy gold.

If I'm not mistaken, the Adam Scott and PFT bit was done on the podcast before? It sounded familar.

I second being able to see it online somewhere. I want to support the show but don't own/cannot afford a TV with cable.

This show looks like everything I'd hoped for and more!

Was that a nod to Evil Dead 2 when Reggie started freaking out?

The show looks amazing. Especially liked the Where's Reggie? part.

"I am the best!"

-Dr. Reginald Watts

• Like 1

Seeing PFT as Sir ALW live is phenomenal. Especially with Adam Scott playing the straight man. The stuffed animals on the bookshelves are a nice touch.

I like to pretend that the laser beam that blew up that dude's head was a comedy death ray.

• Like 2

I just saw the preview, and it was pretty awesome. Reggie Watts is probably the greatest bandleader ever. Great cameos by everyone, too. I thought I heard somewhere that the show would have some animated bits as well (possibly the Bob Odenkirk episode of CBB), so I'll be curious to see how that is integrated.

I liked the scripted bits, but my favorite part of CBB will always be the riffing and improv, so I hope to see more previews of that in the days to come.

can't wait for this show to unfold. the 10 min preview hooked me.

unfortunately i don't have cable, but i'll find a way.

Just checked out the preview. Can't believe they are going to pull this off -- looks incredible. I think the in-character stuff is going to be a hard sell with viewers unfamiliar with the P-cast, but screw them, they'll come around if it's funny (it fits the absurdist, low-budget aesthetic of the show, and it's definitely funnier than SNL-style makeup...)

And for those confused about why they laughed so hard at the 'extension cords' joke, it's because 'cords' is a homophone for 'chords', which Jimmy Page plays, being a guitarist. Zoomed right over my head the first time.

a friend who doesn't regularly listen like I do was excited after seeing the preview, they said "it looks like a modern SCTV".. comparisons are not always appreciated I'm sure but this was a good thing coming from them, excitement..

Things I'd like to see for the CBB show? Probably just lots of the show and that it lasts a good long while!

I almost fell out of my chair when PF Tompkins made his appearance with the cape on. I don't know if I even get IFC but I'm going to watch this show dammit.

The preview was absolutely hilarious. I loved the Celebrity Advice especially. And the showing a clip that JUST happened.

All I really want to see is how this all plays out. I really like the potential of this and I hope it gets a fair chance. I'm just curious as to how you would be able to work out having the characters on. With the podcast, it is audio based so it is easier to pull off. But I would be interested to see how/if that would be implemented on the show.

I was waiting to see how they'd dress up the characters, and it's pretty funny that the answer is just "nope!".

The part where Reggie went missing and it blended from an interview show to a FICTIONAL SHOW ABOUT AN INTERVIEW SHOW was pretty great. Y'know, like Studio 60, but dumb.

These are all the crazy parts, but I hope every episode starts with some amount of straight-face. Cos that's what makes CBB funny, that you think it's a normal show until Scott falls victim to his own open-door policy.

Which--... I would really like if there was an actual door there.

The celebrity advice segment was perfect!

The line "We'll be right bark" was also perfect!

My only hope is for an hours-long, in-depth, amazingly detailed interview with Patton Oswalt. One that really digs down deep and deals with what really makes him tick. His inner thoughts and feelings. A personal, penetrating look behind what one might call "the tears of the clown."

All I want is a calvacade of Andy Daly suicides. That would be such a treat for the fans!

And maybe a visit to one of Don Dimelo's productions at the Fairy Tale Children's Theater?

And a chart on the wall indicating the increasing weight of the Diner Marshall?

And a map pinpointing all the cities in California that Huell Howser has visited?

And a live re-enactment of the Fred Savage/Scott Auckerman slash fiction?

Etc?

Alls I'd like to see is:

A "Jukebox Jury" segment with the musicians present for criticism.

Animated "Would You Rather?"

And one of Brett Gelman's playlets performed in studio... followed by a lifetime ban from the show... resulting in Scott's new catchphrase "Let's check the banned list! Still just Brett."

• Like 1

The preview is GREAT!

My hopes and dreams include getting cable so I can actually watch the show when it airs.

Alls I'd like to see is:

A "Jukebox Jury" segment with the musicians present for criticism.

Animated "Would You Rather?"

And one of Brett Gelman's playlets performed in studio... followed by a lifetime ban from the show... resulting in Scott's new catchphrase "Let's check the banned list! Still just Brett."

An animated (partially?) Would You Rather would be brilliant.

Sign in to follow this